Oneplus 6t MMS not working after updating to android 10

Anyone else having issue sending/receiving MMS through Oneplus 6t phone and it is on android 10. Just updated last night to android 10, now MMS has not stopped working.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Oneplus 6t MMS not working after updating to android 10

Community Manager
Community Manager

Vvillanos, we want to be sure you can enjoy the service. Let's gather some details to help get the MMS working again. What error message do you receive when trying to send or receive MMS? Are you able to use all other services (calls, text, data)?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

When someone sends me a picture/MMS, It will try to download it but in the end it will give me a message (Message expired or not available). 

Saw this forum to back up my complaint.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/verizon-i-cannot-receive-mms-messages-after-android-10-update.113...

I have another verizon sim card. I would like to know if that can be used to replaced what I currently have. Do I need to come in to get a new sim card? Do i have to pay for a new sim card?

0 Likes
Highlighted

regular SMS/DATA/VOICE are working fine. Only MMS is not working properly

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want your device to function as it is supposed to. We are here to help. Are you having issues with other types of data? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

data are working. It is specifically just mms

Highlighted

I have the same issue with my OnePlus 7 Pro.  I cannot download MMS from iPhone users who send them to me.  I can get MMS from other android phones though.  This was not an issue with my previous android phone (Moto Z).   I've read that the APN settings need to be changed, but they are not editable on my phone.  Data works fine for all other communication/transfers.

Currently on Android 10. Previously running 9 and same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

vvillanos, We want to ensure you can receive MMS as you did before that update. If the issue still persists then something may have been reconfigured with the settings during the update. A new SIM card does typically resolve issues experience with unlocked non-VZW devices after a new OS change. As a result, you can definitely utilize a new SIM card for that matter. SIM cards are of no charge when acquired at our direct VZW stores shown with an asterisk after the name here:  vzw.com/stores

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

FrnchDp77, we absolutely want to make sure that you're able to receive MMS from iPhone devices. We appreciate the information you've provided and want to get to the bottom of this. To be sure, are you able to send MMS to iPhone users? Does this issue happen both under mobile data and Wi-Fi? Also, what texting app are you using on your device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I installed the Verizon messaging app and I can get mms on it. Not a fan of the app but it works so I plan to use it until there is a real fix.

Covid19