Oneplus 6t MMS not working after updating to android 10
vvillanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having issue sending/receiving MMS through Oneplus 6t phone and it is on android 10. Just updated last night to android 10, now MMS has not stopped working.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Oneplus 6t MMS not working after updating to android 10
KeyserSoze22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally found the fix/reason for this! (At least for me)

MMS Incoming fix on 6T on Verizon.

It has something to do with the SMSC not being configured correctly, which from what I read shouldn't mess with anything MMS which is APN related, but idk, apparently it does for some reason.

Obviously have CDMA-less and HD-Voice enabled. Working with WiFi and LTE separate and together.

Here's what finally worked for me and the steps I took.

You may have to restart and try the same thing over and over again, but that was because I was changing and confirming what did and didn't work. I got it working once, but then changed something else making it not work again. So now I knew it could be done!

***Remember to screenshot any settings before you change it, not everything has a default config***

This is my systematic repair:

1: Get some way to quickly test group MMS for any change you do during this. I installed Google Voice or just get another type of texting app that has MMS and can use a separate number than yours so you don't have to wait on someone sending an MMS to verify.

2: Set the Default Messages app as Default. Go to settings. Configure your Group MMS and your SMSC #s to just your phone number, i.e. 5554448888. No special characters or the +1#.

3: Reset APN settings to default. Restart Phone.

4: Go to Phone Info from the Phone dial pad. Paste *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer pad. Here scroll to the bottom of the page. Refresh the SMSC and confirm that the SMSC # reads like this with the quotes but with your #: "5554448888",129 Then Update when it's right. The last numbers after the comma may be different depending on your settings when you update it DO NOT PUT THE +1# ANYWHERE.

5: Click the Trigger Carrier Provisioning button above the SMSC #. (I don't actually know if this does anything or not but I've been doing it)

6: Check again that Steps 2 & 4 are still how you set them and do Step 5 after checking.

7: Restart Phone.

8: APN settings should now be greyed out and that's when it should be working. Idk if it's immediate or I had to wait for them to be greyed out but after the restart they were.

9: Test and wait, With the Google Voice MMS test it was taking a few extra seconds to send and receive doing some work in the background or something. You may need to repeat these steps a few times but it's something around the SMSC # and it becoming misconfigured.

Anyways, I hope this helps someone as I didn't have to get a new SIM Card for this to work and My MMS is finally working now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vvillanos, we want to be sure you can enjoy the service. Let's gather some details to help get the MMS working again. What error message do you receive when trying to send or receive MMS? Are you able to use all other services (calls, text, data)?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
vvillanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

When someone sends me a picture/MMS, It will try to download it but in the end it will give me a message (Message expired or not available). 

Saw this forum to back up my complaint.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/verizon-i-cannot-receive-mms-messages-after-android-10-update.113...

I have another verizon sim card. I would like to know if that can be used to replaced what I currently have. Do I need to come in to get a new sim card? Do i have to pay for a new sim card?

0 Likes
vvillanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

regular SMS/DATA/VOICE are working fine. Only MMS is not working properly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your device to function as it is supposed to. We are here to help. Are you having issues with other types of data? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
vvillanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

data are working. It is specifically just mms

FrnchDp77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my OnePlus 7 Pro.  I cannot download MMS from iPhone users who send them to me.  I can get MMS from other android phones though.  This was not an issue with my previous android phone (Moto Z).   I've read that the APN settings need to be changed, but they are not editable on my phone.  Data works fine for all other communication/transfers.

Currently on Android 10. Previously running 9 and same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vvillanos, We want to ensure you can receive MMS as you did before that update. If the issue still persists then something may have been reconfigured with the settings during the update. A new SIM card does typically resolve issues experience with unlocked non-VZW devices after a new OS change. As a result, you can definitely utilize a new SIM card for that matter. SIM cards are of no charge when acquired at our direct VZW stores shown with an asterisk after the name here:  vzw.com/stores

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrnchDp77, we absolutely want to make sure that you're able to receive MMS from iPhone devices. We appreciate the information you've provided and want to get to the bottom of this. To be sure, are you able to send MMS to iPhone users? Does this issue happen both under mobile data and Wi-Fi? Also, what texting app are you using on your device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Signasl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the Verizon messaging app and I can get mms on it. Not a fan of the app but it works so I plan to use it until there is a real fix.