OnePlus 7 Pro signal drop
acbenoit

Hi everyone, 

My wife and I both have the OnePlus 7 Pro GM 1917 model purchased from their website. Both phones are activated and have CDMA-less feature activated. The phones work flawlessly on Verizon's network. However, recently we noticed the signal will drop completely while at home. I have performed several troubleshooting steps, but I don't believe it's a device issue since both phones have the issue at the same time, and it's only happening at my house. (from that particular tower)

I have notified Verizon reps about the issue, even gave the specific tower identification number, but the issue keeps occuring. 

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: OnePlus 7 Pro signal drop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Acbenoit! We know how important it is to stay connected, and are more than happy to look further into this for you. You mentioned you've completed troubleshooting steps and the issue persists. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the signal that will completely drop? Does the signal fluctuate between 1X-4G, or do you see no service? Does the issue persist indoors/outdoors? How far do you have to go before your service improves?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
acbenoit

The signal drops completely, meaning there is no reception whatsoever on our devices. It says emergency calls only. You can not complete phone calls, or send/receive text messages. Throughout the time it's occurring, which usually lasts all day, service will come back for a few seconds and leave again intermittently. This wouldn't be an issue if WiFi calling was enabled on our devices, but upon researching this topic it doesn't seem like WiFi calling is provisioned on these devices by Verizon. The feature is 100% possible on these devices, I'm not quite sure why Verizon doesn't have these devices whitelisted.

Anyway.. The issue occurs both inside and outside. I've checked a cell tower map showing the direction which the various antennas broadcast from the nearby cell tower, which is about half a mile west. It seems like when I get close to the edge of the broadcast area and closer to the next antenna's broadcast area from the same tower, I will get signal again. The cell tower eNB ID is 126483 and the antenna causing the issue has the cell identifier of 32379649. I am almost confident the issue is within that antenna. This problem literally never happens anywhere else. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello acbenoit, 

I regret to learn of the issues you mentioned. Thanks so much for providing all those details, I'm happy to help. Tell me, what zip code are  you in? Are other VZW customers also having this issue, or is it only happening on your line? Please share some additional details for me.

In addition, please allow me to explain that when using a phone that we don't offer or support, not all features will work. It's true that the One Plus 7 doesn't have WiFi Calling abilities. We do offer the One Plus 8, which does have that capability. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
acbenoit

My zip code is 70447. I do not know if others in my area are experiencing the same issue as we are. My house alarm system uses the same LTE connection type, because when the service goes out on our phones, the alarm will also chime saying it has no signal. So I am confident that it isn't exclusive to our lines/phones.

I don't understand the deal with the WiFi calling situation. My friend has the same exact phone (we purchased them together) and theirs is capable of using WiFi calling on Verizon's network, and mine is not. All of the settings and software are identical, I can't wrap my head around it. So the assumption that WiFi calling doesn't work for the OnePlus 7 pro on Verizon's network is untrue. 

If we can not find some type of resolution to both of these issues, I will be forced to leave and go with another company. My wife and I heavily rely on our devices while at home, and there is absolutely no point in paying for a service that is useless to us when we need it most.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this is important for you, acbenoit. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. We want to get a second opinion on this issue with your service. I have sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes