Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Bavariaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

ejm8797,

Your comment is very insightful.

It makes me wonder if the Samsung "free" stuff offered as promotion for Samsung Pay and qualifying devices figured in Verizon's calculation to preserve margins they earn on accessories they sell for the Samsung devices.

Thanks for the food for thought.

V/r

- Bavariaron

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can get those accessories Anywhere. I bought mine from Samsung wroth a coupon which made it cheaper than Verizon and everyone gets the same coupon when they log into their Samsung account. Cheaper than Amazon too. Think a little more rationally here.

0 Likes
bobbyhe
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is the pinnacle of poor customer service to create an 'official' samsung pay thread and then post nothing.  Verizon is 'officially' ignoring its customers and providing them with zero information and updates.  If Verizon management had half a brain cell working, they would have been ready to start Samsung Pay immediately when they finally made the decision to do so.  It shows a total disregard for customer service and their customers.  If they did not have the best cell coverage, they would quickly and continuously lose business with their current management practices and arrogant behavior toward their customers.

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Hey there! any "official" word on Verizon's Samsung Pay update?

0 Likes
heythere123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally disappointing to see that VERIZON refuses to activate such an awesome service like Samsung Pay! Do it...like NOW!!

mama23dogs
Legend

That isn't what they said....

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very well said. The Samsung guy tweeted "A week or so." and now Verizon sends out, "In the near future". Verizon "evaluated" Samsung Pay a long time ago, as did all of the other carriers. They were most likely trying to find a way to buy time and create some app of their own that could integrate somehow with the MST hardware in the phones. Then it would have been "Let's screw the VZW customers and make them use our app instead where we charge a behind the scenes fee." Then they had to realize that lawsuits would follow from Samsung.

Just as in my previous posts, the higher ups have already had the numbers worked and had to make sure they could benefit largely from releasing Samsung Pay to customers. They have programmers that work for them full time and it is unnecessary for us to still be waiting on a firmware release.

I wish we all had enough money where we could potentially lose a few million dollars and not really give a damn as Verizon does. Gone are the days when most large companies care about the voice of even one customer, even if it doesn't cost them a dime. I am sure there is a team that works for VZW whose job is to check public relations and forums such as these and then report back their findings. The issue is there really aren't enough of us around in entirety for Verizon to care one way or the other.

What would really be nice, would be the other carriers having equal or better reception than VZW and then they'd really be concerned if customers threatened to leave. I am not leaving because of that reason, but Verizon should be embarrassed that customers have to enter a forum to voice their opinions and concerns about Verizon. Even the negative publicity isn't getting them to move any faster and that should be of concern to anyone.

AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and other carriers should be salivating at the mouth right about now just waiting for potential customers to show up on their doorsteps.

However all of this plays out, Verizon may not be able to do enough damage control to repair their reputation. Sad part is, people tend to have selective memory and forget what they want to forget. Either way, it is way overdue for us to have Samsung Pay, and not providing even a small amount of information or details in unacceptable.

Thanks Verizon for yet another screw up.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Partly agree, Verizon may be trying to make a buck, or save a buck, or just integrate somehow.

It is unlikely it is all in the interest of the customers.   But I don't think they are solely intending to screw the customers.

Of course if Verizon would be more vocal on the subject, this would be a non-issue.

Roxpublius
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon skeleton.jpg

pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

new update for phone today. Says it will allow Samsung pay when it is in the Google Play store. now just waiting for that.

0 Likes