Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
kjamd2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is nobody else annoyed that Verizon hasn't said one word regarding Samsung Pay since they threw everyone into this bottomless pit they call a thread? Looks like all the angry customers already left Verizon. I guess I'm next to go...

ejm8797
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! Why has verizon been so silent??

0 Likes
trishsometimes
Enthusiast - Level 1

When when when will we get Samsung pay?   Can ANYONE answer that question?

rcschnoor
Legend

joes_vzw wrote:

Hello community members,

In an effort to consolidate all user concerns into one place, this will now be the official Samsung Pay thread.  Please post all comments about Samsung Pay here.

Thank you,

-Joe

joes_vzw

I guess I am curious as to why this thread was started. As an "official Samsung Pay thread", I would think there would be input from "official Verizon employees". YOU started this thread 9 days ago with the above simple statement and there is NOT ONE SINGLE INPUT from ANY Verizon representative other than the above statement.

marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was reading on another board that Chase and Verizon will be supporting S-pay in November, or at least that is the rumor.  Given that it takes Verizon at least 2 months to push an update, that sounds plausible. But I will not believe it until I see it.

Now that Verizon wants to increase my unlimited plan from $30 to $50 per month, other vendors are starting to look good.  ATT has some plans that the extra $20 could help cover additional data.  I currently use from 20-50GB per month so with roll over data and a 25GB or higher plan it could price out to what I am paying now (the wife has a shared minutes with 1k text and 2gb data)  I will have to re-run the figures, but it could be that ATT may be less, plus I could use International versions of phones on ATT. So a plus.

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I ran the numbers.  My current plan is costing me $165/mo not including taxes and fees on Verizon.  ATT wants about $190/mo for 25 GB shared data or $161/mo for 20GB. 

My current plan has 500 Text for me and 1000 for the wife, 550 minutes and unlimited data for me and 2gb for the wife.

I normal data usage is about 20-25gb per mo with a peak of 50gb one time when I was out of town for two weeks with spotty wifi available.

Right now I never worry about how much data I use so not sure how much I might actually use vs a heavier WiFi usage.  That is if I was being careful about my usage it may actually drop.  Like I said right now I don't care and opt to use LTE when ever I need to update or download a large file (like MS Word).

The price at Verizon will increase to about $183/mo.  So for only $7 per month more I can get a 25Gb shared plan with unlimited voice and text for both of us.  Plus, Att now supports WiFi calling and texting. So there is another plus.

Verizon is sure making it easier to switch with all it's nonsense.

Snn5
Legend

This is a Samsung Pay thread.

0 Likes
Donna43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you update status of update for Samsung Pay on S6 Edge?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Donna43
Enthusiast - Level 2

When do you expect the update for Samsung pay on the S6 Edge?

0 Likes
donsusi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone have an admin or moderator contact me about the forums and a ticket that was entered by internal Verizon Support.  The email address and user id associated with my forums account is actually a verizon chat rep. Long story.  thanks.  Email is: [removed]

Ryan

E-Mail address removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes