Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Tidbits
Legend

It actually might have to do with overheating. We do know that the puck does get hot as does the phone. With the fast wireless charging it does in fact have a cooling fan which scared me initially when I heard it. I thought something was wrong.

0 Likes
Dridas
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the puck and the phone are (either one) overheating during the charge cycle, that just shows that they are incompatible. That is why I am saying that people should not sweat that they are missing out on the promotion from Samsung for signing up for Samsung Pay by 11 Oct.

I do however think that Verizon should not hold back on the release of Samsung Pay, and should support it like every other major carrier. I just wish they would be more up front with the reasons for not supporting it from launch. I suspect it has more to do with Samsung and how they go about preloading applications on their phones, and Verizon just saying they would not allow that app to be preloaded. Although, VZW opted NOT to allow OneDrive as a pre-loaded app, and I suspect that had more to do with OneDrive being in direct competition with VZ Cloud.

VZW Cloud is overly priced, and does not even attempt to be competitively priced with OneDrive or Google Drive. Also, just as a tidbit of info- if you use OneDrive, you could just log in to a non-Verizon version of the Samsung S6 at Best Buy and get the 100GB promotion. At least their was a workaround, but it just goes to show that VZW is really not playing nice with others.

As for Verizon's stance on Samsung Pay - they created this thread, and the twitter article, just to keep customers informed - but they haven't said anything to keep customers in the loop on the status, or how long we have to wait. "Sometime in the future" is not what any of us want to hear. "Possibly in the next week", and now that week is over, and you still haven't commented.

LNX81
Enthusiast - Level 2

joes_vzw

0 Likes
kjamd2
Enthusiast - Level 2

YO VERIZON!!!! DO YOU HEAR US??????

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

So let's start a pool as to when we will get this elusive update.  Before Thanksgiving, before Christmas, by New Years, by Valentines day 2016 or three weeks after Samsung Pay is obsolete.

Tidbits
Legend

If Samsung Pay is obsolete in a short time then it wasn't adopted as widely as people in this thread claim. Just some food for thought.

0 Likes
marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you misunderstood that comment.  It refers to Samsung Pay becoming obsolete years or decades from now, or when Samsung Pay is replaced by a better version/system.  Thus Verizon would finally approve it three weeks after the issue no longer matters.

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Not quite sure he said anything about Samsung pay being obsolete after a short time, did he? Stop cluttering every thread you go to with immaterial comments and semantics.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sure sure they said it's coming. They came to an agreement. Have fun with it. It isn't all the hoopla. Yes I have it and yes I rarely use it. Doesn't work 100% of the time and it's a hassle explaining how it works.

0 Likes
csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it's funny in the VZW tweet about Samsung Pay and the replies back to them AT&T Cares posted a message to get VZW's gruntled customers to switch.

0 Likes