Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless isn't always last in releasing the system updates. The Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.1 tablet got its update to Lollipop on Verizon Wireless before the same AT&T model got theirs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon CEO is probably playing golf right now with the unicorn while sprinkling pixie dust on the money he's gotten from us already.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're absolutely right there. Isn't it sad that it took as much fighting as it did to get a CORE feature of the phone to work.

Snn5
Legend

I don't even have LG PC Suite on my G2.  Much like themes were removed from the G4. (FM Radios anyone?)    I think it's bigger than one feature, no matter how useful it is to some people.  It's about a carrier selling a device whole and complete.  I understand it isn't quite like buying a car.  You can choose packages and add-ons, but Detroit doesn't disable features.  Here's the difference though:  since there is no standard features vs premium packages option, the same phone is the same phone across the board with a carrier.  Now, just like car add-ons, you can pay extra for it, but this isn't on the same scale of feasibility either.  I understand Verizon isn't going to advertise what a phone doesn't include.  I will be glad when one day we just buy a phone from the maker and not the carrier.  I buy my phone from (car) Samsung/LG/Moto and the (gas) service from Verizon.

Blazinblake
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is BS!!! Now we are going to loose out on a free wireless charger offer from Samsung.  If I had better coverage in my town I would jump to T-Mobile.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it wasn't for SPay, I would have got a G4. It's pretty similar and it includes Radio, Removable Storage and Removable Battery. then I would have rooted it to be rid of the Verizon crap and bloatware.

It's a real problem that carriers are allowed to modify the OS and Hardware of a device that we pay $700+ for. Think of if your internet service provider sold you computers, and you could only use their computers or computers modified by them on their network. what if they were in charge of OS updates and it took months for them to evaluate the upgrade. What if they disabled Ethernet and only allowed Wi-Fi, because Ethernet allows much more bandwidth on a network.

Now we had this problem, and Verizon has stated that they are gonna allow the feature to go though will not even the slightest idea of when. They didn't even say soon, they just said "Future." FUTURE! Are you kidding me!?!?! When Doc and Marty went to the future, It was 30 Freaking Years!!!

Snn5
Legend

I believe I will be buying carrier unlocked phones such as the Moto X Pure, Nexus and such from now on.  I know the trend is going that direction.  That will of course put the Droids in danger since they are exclusives.  (Loved my Droids tho)  Then, we can see carriers fight it out over service and not phones and phone features...or the lack thereof.

TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I will dream of a future when carriers will fight for who is the best, not who is the least shitty

marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154     Oct 6, 2015 11:22 AM    (in response to marc frederick)

Verizon Wireless isn't always last in releasing the system updates. The Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.1 tablet got its update to Lollipop on Verizon Wireless before the same AT&T model got theirs.

Ok not always.  So 2 time out of 1000 they are ahead of the competition.  Still they are very slow at getting most update out the door.

0 Likes
Dridas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Pay should never have been removed by Verizon. It was pre-loaded by Samsung, and at that point it was a feature of the device that customers wanted, and paid for. Your removal of it, and the Office apps (like OneDrive), made room for VZW to load it's own overly-priced bloatware and Cloud storage. Those who purchased the Note5, S6E+, or S6 that were pre-loaded with OneDrive received 100GB of free storage.

Just stop it already. Support it, and move aside- you are a service provider- provide great quality phone and internet, and stop blocking applications. (Yes, I know it's a violation of you 700MHz Block C license, and I filed a complaint with the FCC and FTC). Move aside, and stop bullying the market with Android Pay- it's not your place to tell me what I can and cannot have on my device- so long as the applications are legal and do not harm your network.