Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
LNX81
Enthusiast - Level 2

and please don't mention android pay... we don't care... we want what att, sprint, and t-mobile customers have access to SAMSUNG PAY

Give_me_samsung_pay_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see why we should pay full price for a phone when verizon is blocking its features. They should sell it at a discounted price and tell everyone what won't be supported right from the get go. I for one plan on using Samsung Pay all the time. I have the gear s2 now and want to be able to use my watch as well to pay.

Snn5
Legend

That's how LG users feel too.....think about the features blocked on those devices.  people forget that Verizon installs their own redundant software on phones, disables other features, and still more features that are removed altogether.  This isn't new and Spay isn't the first or last.

Give_me_samsung_pay_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok well that's LG users. Not the point of this discussion is it? I mean if Verizon is going to give me their own version of samsung pay for free then by all means. But in this case there is no redundant software. No matter what it is Verizon should not be allowed to block features on a phone. I pay for their service not for them to tell me what I can't and can do with my phone.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon announced support.  Now the only question is when is the future???

Verizon News on Twitter: "Samsung Pay will be supported on compatible Verizon smartphones (Galaxy S ...

CtK4949
Enthusiast - Level 2

That probably means in 3-6 months!! LOL

Give_me_samsung_pay_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Future" is a broad word..... there goes my free wireless charger. Stupid.

Snn5
Legend

Outside of Spay, I thought the basic principle was not blocking anything any manufacturer built into any phone on any carrier.

marc10406
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so the future. Given that Verizon takes longer than any other carrier to get updates out, I would guess we should get sometime in Jan 2016.  If we get it at all.  I do not believe anything Verizon says on this issue.

Unicorns, pixie dust, and Verizon CEO caring about customers are all in the same category.  Believe if you want to but....

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the thing. Many of us have previously voiced our concerns toward VZW blocking Samsung Pay (and other applications). This topic has gotten beyond the point of frustration because we've all spent more than enough money for our cellular devices and plans. A big issue is the mention of "Evaluating", as there is no set time frame that Verizon has to evaluate an app. Furthermore, to screw us all, Verizon can decide to evaluate for over a year just to prove a point and we get that. You've already gotten our money, so you really don't give a rat's [removed]. Moving to another company and having them buy out our contracts still makes money for Verizon, but as more and more users of any brand's devices see what has been a recurring issue with VZW and this Samsung Payapp, they may begin to move elsewhere as well. Such a pointless need for control at a time when beating the competition seemed to be important.  I am sure that Verizon has had their financial advisers and accountants weigh the pros and cons of not allowing Samsung Pay and projecting the number of customers that would leave versus the average number of customers they would gain throughout a given time period. Hence, no S Pay currently. If I ran my business in the manner that Verizon does, I'd be out of business. It's sad that my home phone service is also through Verizon, so they are earning an additional chunk of money from my family.

I will, however, look into AT&T, whether I move or not, just because they are also affiliated with Direct TV. There could be some nice package deals in the works.

Instead of just playing golf and sipping on Long Island iced tea, the higher ups are probably sitting together and rolling the dice just thinking of additional ways to screw customers.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator