Official Response about the GPS Problems for former Alltel Customers?
Taipanic

Verizon,

We would like an official response regarding the GPS problems affecting former Alltel users, most notably in the Central Florida/Tampa Bay area. The issue appears to be affecting Verizon customer with Alltel sourced phone numbers. The smart phones can see the satellites but cannot connect. GPS service for these customers has worked sporadically, if at all.

As I work in the Telecommunications industry, I understand much of the inner workings of cellular networks and what is involved to join Networks and services when two companies merge. Verizon owes it's 14 million + former Alltel customers (and potential smart phone buyers) an explanation of the problem and a status with a timeframe on what is being done to resolve the issue. Personally, I am set to renew my account for another 2 years, upgrade to the Droid, and add a second Droid to my account as well but I am not going to upgrade (or neeessarily even stay with Verizon) if this issue isn't addressed.

Thank You,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Official Response about the GPS Problems for former Alltel Customers?
guinness

I agree nobody wants to answer the question about the GPS problem or how to fix it....As verizon stated its a google problem i believe its a verizon problem because of the prior altell network

0 Likes
Re: Official Response about the GPS Problems for former Alltel Customers?
cplatt

I myself have this same issue being a former alltel customer, they have told me that it is going to be addressed in the next update so we will see. But they are saying it isnt just affecting alltel customers in the central fla area, some verizon customers are also affected as well.

0 Likes