Office Message Alert does not work with Android
jmannix77

Any help is appreciated ... I just received my new Samsung Fascinate and it appears that the VZ Office Message Alert does not work properly with Android.  I have seen this same concern posted for other Android devices else where, without any resolution, thus my assumption this is a general Android issue.

Let me clarify, I do receive a text message from the OMA system, however the callback number is not contained in the message body.  This was working fine up until I activated my new Android phone.

OMA is a free service from Verizon that it's basic use is for office voice mail systems to notify users of new voice mail by out calling to a toll free number, wait a few seconds, input the 10 digit wireless number to receive the message, followed by a ten digit number for the recipient to call back (the office voice mail system).  The wireless device receives a text message and the body of the text message has the callback number (the second ten digit string that was input).  With Android I am not getting the callback number, however this worked perfectly with my LG 8350.

Any help or possible resolution is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Office Message Alert does not work with Android
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

1.      Ensure the following requirements are met with the message.

-Maximum Total Length: 160 characters (including all fields)

-Maximum Part Length: 100 characters

2.      Ensure the Android the device is EMS capable if the message length is over 160 characters (some devices are not)

***Since the Samsung Fascinate is not EMS (Enhanced Messaging) compatible, it is possible that it is cutting off the alert at 160 characters.

0 Likes