Numerous issues with Droid 3
qmw1874

I recently started having the following issues with my Droid 3 (I've had it for almost a year):

1. Unlock bar misaligned so I cannot unlock phone; only way to solve is to power off phone or remove battery and restart.

2. Bar at top of screen with time and other indicators sometimes missing; only way to solve is to power off phone or remove battery and restart.

3. Sometimes when trying to open an app, will get a white screen and phone will then go back to home screen.  Sometimes after tapping the app icon several times (and getting the white screen back to home screen several times), the app will finally open.  If the app won't open after repeated attempts, only way to solve is to power off phone or remove battery and restart. 

4. Phone doesn't always charge even though it indicates it is charging.  This has happened with different chargers.

5. Alarm clock doesn't always go off.  Will later get a message that alarm snoozed after 30 minutes.

6. Power off doesn't always work; end up having to remove battery so I can restart phone.

7. Sometimes get black screen with "droid", at which point phone is unresponsive; have to remove battery and restart.

8. This isn't part of the current issues I'm experiencing but thought I'd throw it in anyway:  Sometimes, the back of my phone gets very hot in the area of the battery.

I have to restart my phone, both by power off the phone and removing the battery numerous times each day.  Is my phone dying?

Thank you for your advice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Numerous issues with Droid 3
ECUJenn

Oh my goodness....almost every single problem you are having I began having around last thursday or Friday.  I was in an area of pretty much no service all weekend so I thought that was the problem, however, I returned home last night, my alarm clock did not go off this morning, said it was snoozed after 30 minutes.  Apps are not opening, it acts like it is opening and then nothing happens.  It is stalling on the boot screen.

I spent about an hour last night looking for solutions.  I am headed to the Verizon store in about an hour and will let you know if they can help.

0 Likes
ECUJenn

FYI...Verizon did a factory reset on my phone and it didn't help.  Sending me a replacement in 2 days.

0 Likes
Numerous issues with Droid 3
qmw1874

I went to the local Verizon store and they arranged to send me a replacement.  I got my replacement and the keyboard doesn't work properly.  So I will need to get a replacement for the replacement.  I was told that I would be getting a phone that was returned because the previous owner decided within the first 10-14 days that they wanted a different phone.  I was told I would not be getting a refurbished phone but I suspect that's what I got.

0 Likes
jelac5209

Funny!  I just posted about this on another thread. I was having similar issues with my phone and additional ones as well.  I have read all over the internet that this is an issue with this particular model of phone.  Funny how the DROID 4 was released not long after this one came out and it stopped being supported by Motorola and Android, no updates, nothing. 

Mine was freezing, shutting off or restarting by itself, slow to respond (it would take 30-60 seconds for it to start dialing or not at all), apps would open and close by themselves and then it couldn't "find" my camera!  This happened on BOTH of the DROID 3s... I am on my second one as we speak and I have seen folks who are on their 4 or 5th.  This is really ridiculous.  I have done all of the troubleshooting, hard and soft resets etc and the problems still persist.

Verizon has only offered for me to get another DROID 3, which I refuse, pay $150 for a crappier, older model phone or -get this-  Add a line to my account, pay $30 for it and then get a new phone and then not use this one.. Seriously?????  Why would I want to pay $30 more dollars a month to a company that doesn't want to make me happy by replacing my phone with a decent model that works?  I refuse another Andriod..my phone previous to this was the dreaded Eris... I have had nothing but problems and absolutely NO help from Verizon.  I would be happy with a refurb iPhone 4S until my comntract is up...If not?  I may be switching to Sprint and taking the ETF and getting me a pretty iPhone 5 and a lower bill.

0 Likes