Notification vibration
emmommy

Could someone tell me how to simply make my phone(droid) vibrate when there is a new text, email, etc. ??  When I have my phone on slient mode for work, it will still vibrate when I receive a call, but not when I get a text, email, etc..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notification vibration
organizedchaos

If you go into your text messages and click on Menu and then Settings, you should have an option to turn on the vibrate.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

To personalize your ringtones:

Find it:

Menu > Settings > Sound & display

>

Phone ringtone or Notification ringtone

To set your vibrate options:

Find it:

Menu > Settings > Sound & display

>

Phone vibrate

0 Likes
Angel4U

hi I have the same question about my DROID 2..I just bought 2 days ago and I cant figure out how to set it on VIBRATE WHEN I GET A TEXT MESSAGE..........I have to keep the phone on vibrate ar work and would like to be able to know when I am being texted..-Also is their an option for the vibrate setting such as ex: low,,high, vibrate once...ect..  ?

____________________________________________________________________________________

I tried the suggestion in the reply above........BUT I DID NOT FIND A SOLUTION IN THE STEPS SHE GAVE,,,

Ty in advance for your help.

Oh one more question about wallpapers,,,,,

why is it they are all stretched and distorted when I try to set them as my wallpaper?

they look nothing like before i downloaded them to my phone, is there a setting for this? what am I doing wrong?

HELP  I AM SO LOST..  :smileysad:

ty lots.

0 Likes
Saguaro

I had the same problem, no matter what i did to my settings I couldn't get my Droid Incredible to vibrate when I got a text, also, when I get a call or text I like it to ring and vibrate, in case I don't hear it I might feel it.  The solution was to download the app Sound Manager, once installed go to Menu, Vibrate Settings, and you can check "Vibrate Whenever Possible" for calls and notifications.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

an app called "missed call" works well too. although you should be able to do it on the stock settings.

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

"Organizedchaos" had it right.  If you go into Text Messaging, hit the menu button below the screen, touch "Messaging Settings," then under Text Messaging Settings there's a checkbox for Vibrate.  You have to have that checked for it to vibrate when you receive a text.  Now here's the most important part:  If you want your phone to vibrate for everything instead of making noise, then DON'T go into your phone settings and touch the Silent Mode feature.  Apparently if you do that, it won't vibrate for texts or emails even if you have them set to vibrate, and it won't even vibrate when you get a call.  The way to do it is to use the volume rocker switch on the right side of the phone.  Using that switch, just adjust the ringer volume all the way down to just where the red bar goes away.  The phone will vibrate and it will show you that your ringer is on vibrate only.  It will then make no noise but will vibrate when you get a call and also when you get a text.  If you use Gmail, you can go into Gmail and select your settings in there to have it always vibrate when you receive an email.

I'm certainly no expert.  I'm only on day 3 with my Droid X!  But I think this should work for you.

0 Likes
Angel4U

thank you so much..I followed the steps you gave me for the phone settings.......hopefully it  will work,

unfortunately I had already done what you said DONT DO...  :smileytongue:  i TRIED THAT AND THEM  I WENT IN AN UNCHECKED IT,,,

hope it works now...dont know yet,,,

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Good.  I hope it works for you. 

0 Likes