Notification Mix Up (Update/Apps)
FKP

I recently received an update for the LG Ally and now my notification sounds are mixed up. They go off of what the system has instead of the sound I put on my apps. And when I go to the settings to turn it off cause of the update I can't anymore. So is there a way I can disable the system settings for the notification sound so that the way I had my sounds set up on my apps to work before the update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notification Mix Up (Update/Apps)
Jstring
Enthusiast - Level 3

FKP wrote:

I recently received an update for the LG Ally and now my notification sounds are mixed up. They go off of what the system has instead of the sound I put on my apps. And when I go to the settings to turn it off cause of the update I can't anymore. So is there a way I can disable the system settings for the notification sound so that the way I had my sounds set up on my apps to work before the update.

Are these tones and sounds that are saved to the SD card?

0 Likes
FKP

Yes they are but when I wanted to turn off the system notifications so the app notifications can work, I can't do it now due to the update. All it says now is Notification Sound in settings now...I can't turn them off in the system anymore.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You may have to go into each of your apps and reset the notifications individually.  Any app that has it's own notification sound should override the system default, at least for that app.

0 Likes
slimotrina

I have the same exact problem with my phone. After the stupid system upgrade my notifaction ringers that i had set up for different notifications only rings as the ringtone thats in the manufactured settings. But even when i did go to the different settings in each of my notification apps and changed them back to the ringers they were, they still didnt work. There still playing the same ringer for every notification and its annoying!

0 Likes
rocky281

yes whats up with that. Once again the upgrade has screwed up our phones even more. All my notify options are gone and they all ring the same just like yours and this sucks. I had one sound for text mess and another for emails and now they are all the same....

0 Likes
mgrape

I use the Handcent SMS client.  Even though I set the ringtone in that app when I "test notification" it still uses the default notification tone set at the android sound menu.  If I change the default notification tone to silent then I have no sound in handcent.  This all came about after the 2.2.1 upgrade.

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

I do apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your device after the 2.2 Update. Currently, the best option to resolve the issue is by completing a factory reset for your device. This can be completed through the following steps:

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Factory Reset option 2  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold "home" + "end" + "volume up or down" keys together for a few seconds
  3. Once device displays boot information, release keys.
0 Likes
rocky281

So in other words (verizon) once again we got an upgrade that has screwed up our phones as its done in the past and your only solution is factory reset!!! Thats just great, so now once again we will lose everything we put on our phones and that we now have set up the way we like them. Not good business and its sucks to always have to reset and lose everytime verizon has an issue...

0 Likes
daverapp

Did the factory data reset prior to coming here. After reading the above post by the Verizon dude, I the 'factory data reset option 2' as well. Still no change. 

Since resets have been performed, it can't be an app or a setting or something that's causing this. It has to be a glitch with the OS itself. And since this started right after updating, then logically the glitch has to be with the new version. So, for the sake of at least fixing it temporarily, is it possible to downgrade to the previous version?

0 Likes