Note III dropped calls got a replacement and still bad signal
Ang0108
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a note III and I love everything about the phone except for the signal issues.   They are absolutely horrible and of course at the point where I can't talk on the phone there is no point to having it.   Is there something wrong with the software or is it the phone.  The internet is rife with people having the same problem with signal availability and "no mobile network" available.   My husband has a Note II and has no problems.    I had a Note II and didn't have problems.   I really didn't have a problem until a few months ago a system update got pushed to my phone.  Verizon replaced it with a new phone...and...same issues.  I work from home and these dropped calls are ridiculous.   Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone know of a reliable fix?

Labels (1)
Re: Note III dropped calls got a replacement and still bad signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ang0108

We definitely want to make sure you get the signal you need to stay connected at home! Let's take a look at our options to get you back up and running. Which zip code are you in? Did the replacement device work for a little while or never? Any of the same applications downloaded as the orignal? Any files transferred?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I pretty much can only use my phone on wifi which is horrible. My husband ended up freaking out because he couldn't reach me after multiple calls. Service was great last year. Started getting poor signal at home after first of the year and figured was maybe a tower issue. After last update I rarely can make phone calls unless I am in the nearest big city. My zip is 77656. So glad its not just me having these issues. So frustrating that I'm not living in the sticks and can't use my phone. Will be horrible if there really is an emergency.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jnettispagetti,

Lets figure out what on Earth happened with your service and how we can make it reliable again! That zip code does show some areas of Extended Coverage, which may cause signal variations, but we need to figure out if this is the issue for sure. I'm seeing most Extended Coverage East of 92 and North of 96. Is this where you are located?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live on 92 just north of 418. About a mile to be exact. But regardless of

the area anywhere in the city of Silsbee I have no coverage. I don't pick

up coverage until I get to Lumberton or to Evadale. Then from south of

evadale to Hwy 1131 I have no cell reception either.

On Jul 21, 2014 11:30 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jnettispagetti,

Those are some great details to have! I definitely see many areas of oportunities with our network in the places that you described. I can file a Trouble Ticket with our Network Engineers to investigate that area. I've requested to follow you. Please approve, follow me back, and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awaiting approval.  I'd really like to get much better reception as the town isn't that small and even at the Verizon store in town you can't even use the dang device. Thanks for looking into this issue.

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh!!! had one good day.  This morning I was stranded at the corner of HWY 96 and HWY 327.  No service at all.  Luckily I used the phone at the car lot and got a coworker to pick me up.  This is ridiculous!  So tempted to just change service providers if I could find someone who has better coverage in the area.  Sad that this all happened after the last update.  And my phone never shows that it's roaming.  Don't phones still do that to hit the other local towers?

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_2014-07-25-07-59-02.png

This was taken this am in between Silsbee and Lumberton where I was receiving texts from my sister and attempting to call her instead.  This is one of the two screens I get frequently in Silsbee.  The other just has a crossed out circle at the top showing no service.  A fix soon for this would be nice.  I wasn't able to make my call until I got to the intersection at HWY 96 and West Chance Rd.

0 Likes
ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it's the phone, it's specific to the Verizon version. When my Note 3 had wireless issues last night, my boyfriend's AT&T Note 3 had no issues. I had to use his to call to tell my mom I was ok because my call dropped and then my phone said that no network was available (despite the number of bars it showed).

0 Likes