Note Edge and Lollipop...
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a reason why every Samsung device within the last 2+ years has the lollipop update except my Note Edge? Every other carrier has released an update for their Edge devices except Verizon and Samsung started rolling it out, what? 5 months ago now?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note Edge and Lollipop...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Thepillartist,

VZW and Samsung definitely want you to have the best device experience! We have no info on the Lollipop update for the Note Edge. Please keep checking the software update page for this device for new updates http://spr.ly/6582hW8i .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Thepillartist,

VZW and Samsung definitely want you to have the best device experience! We have no info on the Lollipop update for the Note Edge. Please keep checking the software update page for this device for new updates http://spr.ly/6582hW8i .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlkmlk420
Enthusiast - Level 1

All they ever do is give you the same stupid reply.. we have no info regarding this update. Im so glad i paid $1000 for this soecial device only to be disappointed in their management of updates to keep the siftware current. Typical Verizon. When the Note 5 comes out ny family will no longer be a Verizon customer due to yrs of this problem over multiple devices. All Verizon wants is your money, they dont actually care about their customers wants, you can tell everytime you walk into a retail store if theirs.

tommyjames92

yeah the regular note 4 on verizon has lollipop even the s4 does! where is my update?!

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it is discouraging to pay so much more for your device and get neglected as reward. AT&T has had their update out for quite sometime and, though I do recognize that due to using CDMA there are addition hurdles for Verizon in an update release, they've shown plenty of interest in overcoming and releasing updates for phones that are obsolete and that is what is disheartening. With the new EDGE plans available, it seems better to buy the phone outright online with a credit card and pay it off that way then go to prepaid, WiFi is accessible nearly everywhere nowadays anyway.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I don't feel that my S4 is an obsolete phone.  It is still in use by millions of people. it's not out of date and it's a real screamer using Lollipop.

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

it's cheaper on the Edge plan ($9.99/mo) in total than some of the prepaid phones I sell...... it's obsolete. 😉

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

The definition of obsolete is No longer produced, used and out of date. Well it's being produced and sold, and still used and not out of date.  So if they are selling them new it not our of date, in my view anyway.

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is entirely friendly, I just enjoy a good discussion, so keep that in mind but... I think in the realm of technology the Merriam-Webster definition is a bit lacking. Being that I'm employed in the sale of electronics I can give you more than a handful of examples where just because a product is being used and sold does not mean it isn't painfully obsolete. There are laptops running old dual-core  processors for sale that come back the week they're sold because they can barely handle Windows 8 much less any user programs... there are Moto G's for sale that don't even have 4G capabilities. There are prepaid phones for sale that still come loaded with Ice Cream Sandwich. Places will sell items as long as people buy them and people who don't know anything about what they're buying often just go the cheap route... they get obsolete electronics. I don't think the S4 is junk, not at all, but I wouldn't allow someone whom I care how they spend their money purchase one.

0 Likes