Note 4 - Since the Lollipop update, it drains my battery
golfergirl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgrade to Lollipop on April 8th and since then I have noticed the battery drains significantly.  I barely use my Note 4 at work only to check emails and text occasionally.  It is now lunch time (noontime) and my battery is at 75%.

Any suggestions on improving the battery life?

Labels (1)
Re: Note 4 - Since the Lollipop update, it drains my battery
lmoravick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue.  Battery drains like a siv.  Not fun.  Makes work very difficult since it only last for about 4 to 5 hours and if on battery saver, which goes off when charging, I may get 1 hour more.  With this in mind, I am making NO calls, NO game playing, NO Bluetooth, only looking at emails that come in.  So, having at 75% is lucky, I am down to 37% by my lunch.  I used to be able to only charge at night, if I remembered, if I didn't, there was still life in the morning.  Now, I am out of juice by 4:30pm.  Can't even get through a work day.  😞    Nope, NOT happy at all

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Post update, your phone needs to model battery % remaining. To do this properly, you need at least 3 discharge / charge cycles. The deeper you discharge before charging all the way up, the more accurate that model will be. So try to run the phone down to about 10% before charging it back up to 100% and do this 3 times, and your battery model should be better, and you should be happier.

But let's say that's not the case post-update and after a few days of use and making that model more accurate.

Then you dip into determining what is consuming your battery. You have a Settings | Battery tool to look at the heavy consumers of the battery.

You also have a Settings | Mobile Data display to tell you what programs are communicating with the cellular radio, and also WiFi (if you enable it). Go into Settings | Mobile Data, and select the Menu. Then select "Show WiFi". Now you can use both tabs of that display to determine which programs are using the radios alot. Programs using the radios cause the battery to go down fast.

You could also install a program like GSam Battery Monitor and use that to diagnose battery use.

Your Note4 probably has a setting for WiFi, Smart Switch. Turn that off. Also turn off any Scanning or Search for Stronger WiFi or something like that.

Good luck.

0 Likes
lmoravick
Enthusiast - Level 3

well, battery runs down everyday, before I get home.  It's 4pm, 14% batety life on Battery Saver.

Android     18%

Screen       18%

Android Sys     15%

Voice Mail     7%

Cell Standby     7%

Google Services     5%

Phone     5%

Amazon     3%

Phone Idle     2%

Facebook     2%

Wifi has always been on, why am I not able now?  No, this JUST happened right after I updated, within an hour, phone was dead.  Battery is now 12%, Only 3 mins have passed

0 Likes
lmoravick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wi-Fi is off, 11% remaining....LMAO....kind of.  And I have been with Verizon for over 15 years

0 Likes
lmoravick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Battery is down to 1%..and in only 7-8 mins from 11%... Lovely. 

0 Likes
golfergirl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having issues with my battery draining ALOT.  I wish I never upgraded to Lollipop.  What used to be a nice Note 4, now I just want to throw it out the window.

0 Likes
golfergirl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone have any more suggestions?

0 Likes
lmoravick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I so understand golfergirl13.  I believe I am leaving them now.  They are screwing up with my own Biz and that warrants a goodbye, fast.  Like you, battery is only good for about 1.5hrs with use.  6.5 hrs without use, meaning no phone calls, emails, nothing.  Which is just not expectable.  I normally would never even think about turning to Cricket or T-Mobile...until.....now.  So, that is what I am doing this weekend, I will let them buy me out.  Therefore, I won't lose too much, just the calls and biz that will be coming in from this week. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's explore ways to extend your phone's battery life lmoravick! Please visit this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-124091/ for some helpful tips, test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes