Note 4 Bluetooth drops call in car
Hilsnow

I am on my 3rd Note 4 since January and have had nothing but problems. Currently my biggest concern is that I will be on a call in my car via Bluetooth connection and my navigation screen will say 'call lost' and it will seem the call dropped. However, the call is still connected when I look at my phone. I am unable to disconnect the Bluetooth on the phone and repick up the call on my handset. I will have to completely disconnect the call and call the person back. Only to have this happen over and over again. The person on the other end will hear dead air while this is going on until I hang up. I have done a factory reset. No change. I had my car in multiple times to the dealership and have the most recent firmware for my navigation and Bluetooth. While I was at Verizon in July I was talking to someone in the store and he was able to find out that this is now a known issue with an open ticket for Samsung. I believe this was around July 22nd. There has been no update to fix this and Verizon tells me that my option is to turn my phone in for about $200 but that the phones I can select for replacement are very basic and in no way comparable to the note 4 which I paid $399 for. Or I can pay full price for a new phone. And if i have issues with the next phone i am stuck with no options. I have searched and there seems to be Bluetooth issues with all of the newer model Samsung phones. I'm at the point where I can no longer use Bluetooth in my car if I want to actually have a conversation. No one is willing to do anything about this issue. I have spent so many hours troubleshooting this issue (and others) that it is ridiculous. Yes, I have tried safe mode. Same problem.  Beyond frustrated and searching for a phone that will actually work. Even considering going to iPhone. Please help!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4 Bluetooth drops call in car
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Its amazing how much we depend on technology these days. Have you tried your Samsung Note 4 on other Blue Tooth devices? Does it disconnect on those devices as well? What is the make/model of your car? Are you using the stock radio or is this an accessory that you added on?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button or Like under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hilsnow

Yes this happens with any type Bluetooth connection. I am using my factory

Lexus stereo/navigation and Bluetooth.

Sent from my super snazzy phone.

On Oct 1, 2015 7:06 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Hilsnow

Is that some reason that I haven't had any additional response from vzw?

0 Likes
Tlov15

The same thing has been happening with my iPhone 5 and now iPhone 6!  It's not a phone issue its something else. I talk on the phone using my legends earpiece next thing the call is silent then it's using my car Bluetooth then it just disappears even though I'm still connected this happens Daily!

0 Likes