Note 3 kitkat/hard reset/WiFi & 4g problems continue
Justinfuriating

After kitkat update my battery was draining in about 1/3 the amount of time that it did before.  Also I was having poor WiFi connection and 4g connection.   Had time to do a hard reset today which resolved the battery issue however my WiFi is still working poorly as well as 4g.  I have seen it recommended to forget networks and reconnect but this has not helped.  Needless to say this has been very frustrating.  Verizon, did no one test this first?  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 3 kitkat/hard reset/WiFi & 4g problems continue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justinfuriating,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us today. Thanks for trying the hard reset on the phone for us. I do have a few extra steps that we can try with the wi-fi connection for the Note 3. There is a setting called "Auto Network Switch" that we would need to check in the device. The way we can check that to see if it's set right is to go into Settings, Wi-Fi, Tap the Mune Key(to the left of the home button), Select Advanced and it is called 'Auto Network Switch' we would want to see if that is unchecked. If it does have a check mark please remove that check. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Justinfuriating

Thank you for your response. The box you referred to was not checked.

Unfortunately my battery is still being used up at an alarming rate. I've

gone from charging my phone every other day to 2-3 times per day. Today

my phone was in standby mode with no apps running while I was in training

and went from 90% to 30% in 5 hours! Please help!

Justin

On Jun 12, 2014 8:05 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justinfuriating,

Thank you for checking that setting for me. I would like to see what is using the battery up so fast. Can we please head in to Settings, Battery, then this screen should give you a break down of what is using the most of the battery. What are the top 3 and what percentages are they using? Once we get that info please use the back arrow to go back a page. Now that we are back on the main settings page is Power Saving Mode on? Looking forward to hearing back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Justinfuriating

Ok. This morning I read about this battery issue that it's related to apps

that access the camera so I deleted pinterest and instagram. My phone has

not seen a charger for over 12 hours and is still at 76%. They need to see

out a kitkat update that addresses this.

Thank you

Justin

On Jun 15, 2014 8:41 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes