Note 3 4.4.2 Update Drains Battery
NachoKingP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my 4.4.2 OTA update two days ago, and now my phone won't even make it through an entire day without dying.  It used to be able to last to the end of the day even on heavy use, and on light use I could get home at night with 40% left.  Now I'm seeing 30% at 5pm with LIGHT usage.  I have an S View cover with wireless charging and am running Next 3D Launcher, but both of those existed before the update and I still lasted well over a day.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 3 4.4.2 Update Drains Battery
hammbonius

I have the same issues..as well as incredibly annoying lag on entering text and scrolling, and notifications reappearing after being cleared out....so annoyed

0 Likes
kkim2
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG I'm having the exact same issues!  On the phone with Verizon, excuses, excuses, excuses!  Major lag with entering text, notifications reappearing after being cleared out, wicked battery drain, had them block visual voice mail as it was causing my phone to not ring and go straight to voicemail.  All this and more since I updated on May 21st.

The worse is I get messages all over town now that says either no mobile network (can't get calls) or no data network (can't get internet).  These are all in places that I use to be able to get service no problems prior to this horrible update!

Oh it deleted my voicemail info and had to redo all of that along with all of my ringtones.

I guess as consumers we are just screwed and have these updates shoved down our throats whether we want them or not.  I tried to ignore the update and kept hitting "later" but eventually I'm told it just loads whether you want it to or not and no going back!

Totally Frustrated!!!!

NachoKingP
Enthusiast - Level 2

kkim2, did your conversation with Verizon net any results?  Meaning, did your issues stop once you got done with them or are you still seeing the same drain, lag and lack of reception?  I'm also having the reception issue since then, but didn't put two and two together that the update caused it. 

kkim2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope no resolution.   Pretty much Verizon says tough luck it's a Samsung update....

0 Likes
NachoKingP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yet the "Visual Voicemail" that was bundled with it (and is potentially causing the issues) is Verizon software.  Not to mention that the excuse for Verizon releasing this update last of the 4 major US carriers is that they spent more time vetting the software to make sure it didn't break anything, like RECEPTION WITH VERIZON TOWERS.  UGH, they make me NUTS!

0 Likes
Silverpodgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now have a USELESS phone since the battery drains so fast now that I cannot make it through the day.  So, if I am out and have an emergency at the end of the day I AM SCREWED.  I am so pissed.  It is useless now.  It has been as little as 5 hours for it to drain now with light use.  Are we just supposed to accept this?   I was with another carrier for ten years and then switched to Verizon a year ago   Am I supposed to live with this usage over priced plan for another year?  I will definitely switch carriers in a year.  Rip off and useless phone.

0 Likes
kkim2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem is the other carriers got the Android Kit Kat update also. My friend has the exact same Samsung Note 3 on Sprint and it created even more problems when the update was downloaded. As consumers we have no say no on these updates and yes are just screwed!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Backup all your stuff..  perform a factory data reset.

0 Likes
kkim2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do not do a factory reset! That will not remove 4.4.2