Not receiving texts from iPhone users
annaesharon

I recently got a new Samsung Galaxy S4.  I registered this phone to a new number.... I did not port an existing number to the phone.  Since getting the phone, I have had trouble receiving texts from iphone users - their messages will not come through on my phone unless their imessage is turned off.  As you can imagine, this is quite a hassle - having to explain this problem every time I give someone my number, and several people having to change their settings every time they text me.

I've done research on this problem, and it seems that this happens when you port a number from an iphone to an android.  The problem is fixed when you update your apple id account, and delete the number from the imessage service.  I am concerned that my current number used to be registered to an iphone - and that the number is possibly still associated with an imessage account.  I have no way of changing this, so I'm stuck.

I understand that this may be a problem that only Apple can fix, but any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello annaesharon, I know that receiving all of your text messages are important, indeed! Sorry to learn that you've been missing many of yours due to this. Thanks for reaching out to us - it's my pleasure to help.

The good news is that you are absolutely on the right track. The best way to take care of this is to ensure the phone number is un registered with Apple/iMessage. You mentioned that this is a brand new phone number for you, so we would also like the opportunity to check a few things on your line as well.  Do you receive any type of alert or error message when the iPhone text try to come through? Which application are you using, primarily, to send/receive text messages. Let us know! We want to help get to the bottom of this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes