Not receiving Emergency Alerts
auxiliarytech

Hello!  I have a Droid Razr M, emergency alerts are all turned on, yet I do not receive Amber Alerts while others around me receive them.  Anyone have an idea as to why I am not receiving the alerts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving Emergency Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Urb1

I understand the importance of receiving these wireless emergency alerts!  There are different factors that play a part of the Wireless Emergency Alerts, including alert categories, severity, urgency and etc.  If your device is roaming, it will prevent you from receiving alerts as well.  Please see more information and great FAQ's for this service here: http://vz.to/1icT3bq.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they set up with a local agency for alerts?  That may explain why they are getting them and you are not.

For instance, I get alerts from our local news radio station - any Amber Alerts I've seen have been through that (and there have only been a couple).

0 Likes
auxiliarytech

No, that was not the case.

I used to receive them on my older Droid, I wonder if it is a problem with this phone. Guess a call to technical support is next on the list. Thanks for the reply, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello auxiliarytech,

We can help you right here to try to figure out why you aren't getting Amber Alerts. First, check here to ensure Amber Alerts are enabled: http://vz.to/1jWgvZP 
If Amber Alerts are checked, try unchecking, and then checking the box again. If that fails, the next step would be trying to power off/on. Please try these steps, and let us know if they were effective.   

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
ms1951
Enthusiast - Level 2

MichelleH_VZW;

I did all of the steps in your post.  No good - I still do not get the Alerts on my Droid Maxx.  Ever since my phone was upgraded to Kit Kat I have not received any alerts while other people's phones all around me are chirping with an alert.

If you check out some of the other forums ( like the motorola forum),  you will see this this is an open complaint with other Droid Maxx owners.

The tough thing about this issue is we can make changes but there is no way to test if it made any difference.  It may be weeks before another alert is issued.

0 Likes
Gareth1

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S4 since Verizon's KitKat update. We had two tornado warning yesterday, neither of which was broadcast via the Emergency Alerts app. Checked settings and alerts are enabled. Followed the steps outlined above after the initial failure yesterday morning but the phone still didn't alert me when we had a second warning yesterday afternoon. I've filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission as this is a totally unacceptable situation when people are relying on this app for their safety. Verizon should be on top of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Gareth1!

Let's get your alerts going again! With the update, there is an independent application named "Emergancy Alerts." Have you checked there, to make sure it's set to on/enabled?

Please keep me posted, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
Gareth1

Christina,

Thank you for following up with me. It is this Emergency Alerts app that

is not working for me. Checked in settings and all alerts are set to

'enabled'. Alerts worked fine prior to Kitkat update. Thx.

Gareth

On May 18, 2014 2:29 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Often times after an update it becomes necessary to complete a master reset. I know this step can be a hassle, but it's proved to be very effective. Here are the instructions...http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/63967 Let me know if this restores your emergency alerts.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gareth1

I had already tried this with no success. However, Verizon had now sent me

a replacement phone so well see if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

On May 21, 2014 8:29 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes