Not getting text messages from ONLY 2 iPhone users...no issues getting to/from others.
Jen_in_Astoria
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, bear with me, this is NOT a "deregister your phone number from iTunes" thing.  If I get another canned answer telling me to deregister  my number, I'll go nuts.  Here is the issue, and please read all the way through before responding:

• My brother has lived abroad for the past 12 years.  He and his partner have ALWAYS had iPhones.
  • Neither I nor my mother EVER had problems sending or receiving texts to either of them.
  • They previously lived in the UK, China, Singapore, and South America, and this was NEVER a problem.
  • Neither my mother nor I have EVER had an iPhone and we're not switching.
  • NEITHER of us have ANY problems sending or receiving texts from ANY OTHER iPhone users; this includes other iPhone users abroad (ie Germany, Japan, UK, etc).
  • Now, my brother and his partner RECENTLY moved to Australia.  When they got hooked up with Australian SIM cards, neither my mother nor I could RECEIVE messages from them.  Mom has an S7 and I have an S9.
  • At first we thought it was their carrier, and we just dealt with it.
  • BUT then they came to the States for 2 months for the holidays/general family visit, and got a Chicago phone number SIM card (both of them got different #s from the same carrier).
  • Both are using vanilla AT&T SIM cards in the US.
  • Problem persists--we can send to them, they see it, can't get response.
  • YES they turned off MMS messaging
  • YES they are sending as SMS
  • YES we have checked everything else we can think of.
  • Both Mom and I have Verizon, normal vanilla plans, nothing weird.

So what gives?  HELP please!  And Verizon, please no canned answers; look into this seriously.

See more topics labeled with:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting text messages from ONLY 2 iPhone users...no issues getting to/from others.
deloused
Master - Level 3

Have them delete the contacts for you and your mom and the previous text threads for those contacts in their phones and re-add them making sure to save your numbers with just the 10 digits of your number. (No 1/+ etc.) That should fix the issue.

View solution in original post

Re: Not getting text messages from ONLY 2 iPhone users...no issues getting to/from others.
deloused
Master - Level 3

Have them delete the contacts for you and your mom and the previous text threads for those contacts in their phones and re-add them making sure to save your numbers with just the 10 digits of your number. (No 1/+ etc.) That should fix the issue.

Jen_in_Astoria
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, have emailed my bro.  We'll see what happens....

0 Likes