Not getting Text Messages on Galaxy S5 after switch from IPhone 5, Yes I do have an IPad on the account but I Messenger is turned off
BMX_Kids

I just picked up a S5 and can not seem to get the text messenger to receive anything. I am switching over from an IPhone 5. Using the same Phone Number and yes I do have an IPad linked to this same account but I Messenger is turned off. What do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting Text Messages on Galaxy S5 after switch from IPhone 5, Yes I do have an IPad on the account but I Messenger is turned off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMX_Kids

Congratulations on the new phon! I'm sorry to hear about any trouble getting your messages on your Samsung. Are you getting any iMessages on your iPad at all? Is iMessage turned off on the iPhone as well? Are you able to receive any messages on your Samsung?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Not getting Text Messages on Galaxy S5 after switch from IPhone 5, Yes I do have an IPad on the account but I Messenger is turned off
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the messages you are not receiving being sent as iMessages? You won't receive iMessages on the S5, or if it's turned off on the iPad.  The messages need to be sent as standard text messages.

0 Likes