Re: Not getting Facebook (and other) notifications unless connected to wi-fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello andycoop,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We want to do everything that we can to ensure that you getting the most out of your device. May I ask did you try the steps that my co-worker SarahO suggested? If not then I would suggest starting with those steps. Also, can I assume that you are not having an issue with any other notifications on the device? As you share the details of your concern then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkdraper
Enthusiast - Level 1

This solved it. Thank you so much. I have no idea how that even got turned off.

0 Likes
andycoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem, happy to help. Too often we see problems like this in forums without any resolution.

I didn't turn that off either, but I turned some others off and then back on. I think that is what caused it for me. I never thought to go look at Google services, since I hadn't turned it off. I just decided to go through the entire list and enable background data for everything.

0 Likes
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

did you what the first person told you to do????    because that could be the solution, make sure auto sync is turned on for facebook under data usage in your phon settings. or if your in the facebook app , in the setting you have the option to  refresh/get notifcations/update on "WIFI ONLY" so  you need to check your facebook app settings as well.  most apps have option to do things over wifif only in effort to conserve your data.

0 Likes