Not able to send text
maggie2u

Hi ... Maggie here. I'm unable to get a text out or receive a text. I had this issue a few weeks back and took it in but for the life of me can't recall what the man did. I thought he checked the "data" and said .. "you didn't have it turned on", I can't see where to "turn data on". I'm thinking it was something else now, something he did "turn on" but what I don't know. It was that simple BUT .... again, I can not recall what he did. Any helpers ?? I'm not able to return to a Verizon store for a few days or I would.

Thank You,

Maggie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to send text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important text are maagie2u and I would be more than happy to help. What phone do you have? Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? Are you able to access the internet or use your other applications? You can usually go to messaging, click menu and view message settings. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Not able to send text
Not applicable

Turning the data on is usually as simple as going into Settings-Wireless and Networks-Mobile Networks-Data Enabled.

Make sure it has a checkmark next to it and that it is active.

If that was the fix for the messaging previously perhaps it will fix it again, if not I would recommend contacting CSR on a seperate phone and going through troubleshooting with the agent.

0 Likes