Non-contract phone from Amazon, 3G to 4G
darbo

Hello All,

Currently have unlimited data on a G3 Droid X2, going to buy a full priced 4G GS4 when it comes out through Amazon. From what I understand, there wont be any issues keeping my unlimited data even through I'm going from 3G to 4G, correct? And once my phone comes in the mail, I just take it to Verizon and have them activate it and make sure they dont change my contract at all, correct? What is this sim card business? Dont currently have one in my DX2.

Does anyone know if the 4g verizon phones work on any other networks that currently offer unlimited data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Non-contract phone from Amazon, 3G to 4G
Not applicable

SIM card is required on all Verizon 4G phones. And no you're phone won't work on some other carrier. If you want to use another carrier that has "unlimited" data get a phone from them.

0 Likes
Re: Non-contract phone from Amazon, 3G to 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there darbo,

That's awesome that you are getting the Galaxy S4.  It is an amazing device and I know that you'll just love it.  If you currently have the unlimited data plan and you purchase a device at full retail, you'll be able to to keep the unlimited data plan.

The sim card is required to activate all 4G LTE devices.  3G phones, such as your Droid X, did not run on sim cards.  If your GS4 does not come with a sim card then you can go into a corporate store and pick one up at no cost or we can send one out to you.

If it does come with a sim card, it'll be very easy to activate. Visit http://vz.to/U3yVGV for steps on how to activate.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes