Non-camera Android phone info
stevehorrocks
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those of us craving a non-camera Android OS phone, I have some info.

I sent an email to the national VP for customer service expressing my desire for a non-camera Android phone.  I was polite in my email and pointed out the need for an Android phone which could be used in secure environments.  I went further and pointed out that VerizonWireless was missing the oppurtunity to serve an unserved sector of the wireless market.

Several days went past and I did not hear from VerizonWireless.  On 9/23, I received a phone call from VerizonWireless.  The caller was directed to contact me by the VP.  The caller stated that the need for a non-camera Android phone was to be brought to the attention of the executives.  The caller went on to state that there was nothing in the works now. 

All of this is a step in the right direction.  I suggest that other people desiring a non-camera Android phone contact John Bianchi express their concerns.  He can be reached at http://aboutus.vzw.com/leadership/executive/profiles/John_Bianchi.html.  There is a contact hyperkink at the bottom of the above page.  This will send you to an email page wher you can compose an email.  I wrote my email in Word and pasted it into the email.

Maybe if we can convince VerizonWireless there is a real market for a non-camera Android phone, eventually a handset will appear.

Get those emails going!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Non-camera Android phone info
Wildman
Legend

This would be nice for my goverment accounts because cameras or phones with cameras are not allowed but they do not allow any unathorized device onsite without pryer verification so I am unsure this would make a diffrence with them..

challenger_moe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also done the same on making calls and sending emails and the only response that I got was from one phone call in which they stated "that the need of people for non camera phones only makes up 3% of all there customers so its not profitable for them"  So I read this that as a company they don't care about those  3% of customers.........which I'm sure its a lot higher then 3%, with all the military and government jobs that are not "supposed to" have camera phones in the areas they work, but run the risk anyway to have a phone.

0 Likes
Mackdady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any update or are they still ignoring us?

We need a NON-camera cell phone with 4G!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Kind of hard for Verizon to provide something that no OEMs are producing.

0 Likes