No sound
Shadows237

I have a Samsung stratosphere. Due for upgrade end of August so really don't want to buy new Phone. Here's my problem I have no sound coming from ear speaker and only sometimes when I put in on speaker. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get that phone working, Shodows237! Have you tried to reset the device at all? Any physical or liquid damage? Lets try a soft reset by simply removing the battery and then testing. If the issue persists, try a hard reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/47757/

Please be sure that your contacts/pictures are backed up first.

Thank you,

LenA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Shadows237

Ive removed the battery dozens of times because the phone is always acting up. I have a lot of pictures and other stuff on there and not sure how to back it up. Like I told someone in the customer service chat. Ive been a customer for atleast 15 years with this phone number and you would think that where I have only 1 1/2 months left before contract is up and you could for go that for an upgrade now but ive come to the conclusion that loyalty means nothing so I am probably going to look into another carrier when contract is up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for replying back, Shadows237! I completely understand the need of a working device at all times and would love to assist with options. I just sent you a follow request. Please follow me back and send me this information in a private message so that I can assist with options.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
Shadows237

So now I tried a factory reset because nothing was working and its still not working. What do I do now? I have no working phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are still having problems with your phone, Shadows237. Did you receive a follow request from LenaA_VZW? If so, please ensure you send a follow request to LenaA_VZW. Afterwards, you will be able to send her a direct message to we can get your phone working. I have also sent you a follow request incase you accidently rejected Lena's request.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
Shadows237

I have gotten a replacement phone. Its a Kyocera hydra elite only problem is the battery life is terrible. I charge it at night and its dead by noon the next day. Is there anything I can do about that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you charged up Shadows237! Is this the normal battery duration everyday? Are you using the manufacturer's charger?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Shadows237

Yes for both questions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that info Shadows237. I'd like to clarify about how long it holds a charge. Since it is dead by noon, what time do you normally take it off the charger?

I'd like you to do a battery test. Please charge your phone, and then dial #2539 SEND. Note the battery percentage before and after you do this. Do not use the phone for anything else during this time. We can use this test to find out if your battery may be deffective.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes