No sound when I set my messaging to a ringtone on the phone. HOW do I get MSG to notify me with sound?
Gravy22Boat

NO SOUND plays at all when i receive a message on my new MAXX DROID 16gb phone.  I only see NOTIFICATION tone settings and choices in the Messaging folder, but the sound I choose never plays for any incoming messages.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A MESSAGE IS DELIVERED IF THERE are no notification SOUNDS ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No sound when I set my messaging to a ringtone on the phone. HOW do I get MSG to notify me with sound?
Gravy22Boat

I am new at this SORRY, but I wanted to ADD, I have gone into MSG folder, there is no "SET RINGTONE" on my options available.  Troubleshooting answers tell me there is a ringtone option but there is NOT. 

BELOW the messaging options are NOTIFICATIONS, I am able to set a ringtone for that but it NEVER PLAYS anyway.

Hope I made this clear that I did troubleshoot but there is NOT a ringtone option in my MESSAGING folder

0 Likes
Re: No sound when I set my messaging to a ringtone on the phone.  HOW do I get MSG to notify me with sound?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Gravy22Boat. The steps that you have described are exactly the steps that we would have you do. Is the phone on silent when a message comes in? Notifications won't play if this is the case. Please check this and let us know. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No sound when I set my messaging to a ringtone on the phone.  HOW do I get MSG to notify me with sound?
Gravy22Boat

Hi, no the phone is not on silent.  the phone ringing is fine, volume adjusts normally.  Unless u are saying that only MSGing has a silent mode of its own that I can't find. 

But my phone is in regular ringing mode. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Gravy22Boat!

Let's dig a little deeper to find the issue for you. Please press the messaging icon, then press menu/settings. There should be a vibrate/silent/notification ringtone option there. Let me know how that works out, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes