No service in my area
DDLtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already opened a ticket a few weeks ago and it seems nothing has come of it. A service technician was supposed to come out to this location and check the signal strength and maybe put in some equipment but I've not heard anything since the ticket has been opened and received the text that they were going to do something about it. Today I've got no signal all day and even now I'm unable to use my phone. This is most of the time here. I don't know why I'm paying so much money for a phone that doesn't work in this area or if I can get some kind of rebate or prorated cost for lack of service. My phone is my lifeline out here in the boonies and I use it mostly for my work. If I can't contact my clients or my clients can't contact me then the service I'm paying for is practically useless. I need a solution and I need it yesterday.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service in my area
Snn5
Legend

Boonies, to me at least, would sound rather remote and sparsely populated.  I wouldn't think that Verizon would do much in the way of improving signal, especially indoor signal.  I don't think any rebate or plan cost-cutting would improve your service. 

0 Likes
DDLtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

The funny thing is, there are 2 cell towers not more than 5 miles away from me and if I just drive down the highway a bit I have 4G's and 4 bars but here at home I get no service even if I take a stroll outside. It IS a pretty sparsely populated area but there's some kind of reflection or something going on so that the signal isn't getting down in this little hole or something. I think they need to put something on the grain elevator to cover the whole town and get some signal in here or I'm just going to have to keep changing carriers until I find something that works I guess.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Start here:  RootMetrics Coverage Map

0 Likes
DDLtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh wow...just turned my phone off and then on again and I'm getting 4g's and 1 bar...WAY better than it's been here and the coverage map says GOOD for this area. I don't know if the recent upgrade knocked me off all day or not but it restarted several times. Thanks for your help!