No network connection/email not sending !!! Droid No web browsing.
bufbarnaby

Any one else with these issues ? Southern Calif. area. This has been going on for some time now.

Time to go Nexus One...on T-mobile ? Or is the problem in the half-baked OS ???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No network connection/email not sending !!! Droid No web browsing.
Bizarrox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called VZ support. The rep said they have no alerts about an outage, and suggested a battery pull. I didn't buy it but decided to humor her, and lo and behold my Droid is working again. Coincidence? I dunno, but I won't argue with success!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

bufbarnaby wrote:

Any one else with these issues ? Southern Calif. area. This has been going on for some time now.

Time to go Nexus One...on T-mobile ? Or is the problem in the half-baked OS ???

There could be an outage in your area.You could call customer care to report that. Nexus is also coming to Verizon.

0 Likes
Bizarrox
Enthusiast - Level 2

It must be an outage, and it must be going nationwide:  I'm sitting here in Nashville with my Droid getting "Network error" messages from Weatherbug, and "unable to open connection to server" messages when I try to update my personal e-mail (Comcast). They've been working fine most of the day, so if you've had the outage for hours then it might have started out small and has been growing ever since...

0 Likes
Bizarrox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called VZ support. The rep said they have no alerts about an outage, and suggested a battery pull. I didn't buy it but decided to humor her, and lo and behold my Droid is working again. Coincidence? I dunno, but I won't argue with success!

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the bay area and have a similar issue - either slow connection or no connection (often times despite the 3G signal on). I called support as well and they suggested "*228 option 2". That helped temporarily, but it's back to no network connection or really slow. Since that didn't work so I brought the phone into the store. The first thing they do is reset it. They told me to bring it back if the problem continues, so I'll be doing that later today. In the meantime, I tried the battery thing, but no cigar.

The phone had been working fine, but this is really unfortunate.

0 Likes
Bizarrox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting...

I was reading your reply on my Droid and tried to post a response saying "I'm reading this on my Droid so it's clearly still working for me", but it refused to recognize the text box as a data entry area and the soft keyboard wouldn't pop up. I tried to type on the physical keyboard but that just raised the search dialog.

Oh well, you get the point... Smiley Happy

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Bizarrox wrote:

Interesting...

I was reading your reply on my Droid and tried to post a response saying "I'm reading this on my Droid so it's clearly still working for me", but it refused to recognize the text box as a data entry area and the soft keyboard wouldn't pop up. I tried to type on the physical keyboard but that just raised the search dialog.

Oh well, you get the point... Smiley Happy

You cannot reply to a post on the Droid in Rich Text mode (don't know why), you have to select the HTML tab. This reply was done on a Droid.
0 Likes
bufbarnaby

Battery pull seemed to fix it ; )

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes