No luck with manual update
krdupont72

Step 1: I  download the file from boygeniusreport.com and I end up with a folder with several files in it.

The folder is named "signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20".  Per the instructions I change the name to update.zip. So far am I doing this correctly?

Step 2: I connect the droid to my mac, mount the sd card then I drag the folder now called update.zip to the sd card.  I am not placing it into any folders on the card. It is at the top level.  Correct?

The next steps proceed as stated.  I reboot, get the triangle, then get the option to apply update.zip which I select.

This is where it goes wrong.  I get an error message that the update is aborted, can't verify signature.  

Any advice? Or should I just wait for the OTA?

If this question has already been posted please don't yell at me :smileyhappy:.  I am admitting now that I am somewhat lazy about searching.

Thanks everyone.

K

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No luck with manual update
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Make sure yourDroid is connected to your PC, and download the file straight to your droid so it is a zip file and not a folder.  When it prompts you to save, save to the droid and before hitting save, change the name to update.  Then follow the rest of the steps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Make sure yourDroid is connected to your PC, and download the file straight to your droid so it is a zip file and not a folder.  When it prompts you to save, save to the droid and before hitting save, change the name to update.  Then follow the rest of the steps.

0 Likes
krdupont72

THANK YOU

Problem Solved

0 Likes