No Unlimited data for Gs3
Krom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered and got my phone today but when I activated they forced me to drop my unlimited plan 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Unlimited data for Gs3
booscaredu

I got my phone today too, but haven't had a chance to activate it since I'm at work. I did however, open the package and put it on the charger. I don't see how they could not allow you to keep your unlimited when my paperwork that came with the phone showing my new contract very clearly states that i have unlimited. They better not try to pull this with me.

0 Likes
Krom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that anyone upgrading from 3G to 4G has to drop the unlimited plan didn't matter when I ordered the phone. You can only keep unlimited if you pay full retail, and that anyone who said otherwise was wrong.

0 Likes
booscaredu

I'd keep calling until I got someone to help me... there's something not right about this

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Were you still under your previous contract at the time of pre-order AND activation?

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

That's absolutely not true. It has nothing to do with 3G to 4G, and everything to do with whether you're still under contract at time of renewal, and what date you signed the new contract.

Source: Verizon Wireless Account Executive

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

He ordered it today which is AFTER the change as of June 28. He can keep his plan, but not the unlimited data.

0 Likes
booscaredu

He said he preordered it and RECEIVED it today...

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

He said he preordered and got it today, as in those actions occurred on two separate days. If he pre-ordered it today and the in-store launch is Tuesday, how could he possibly have the device already?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ah. Anyway he should be able to keep the data plan.

0 Likes