No Text Notification if Conversation Window is Open
ps6504

I'm having text notification sound issues since upgrading to 5.0.1. While texting with a contact, if they reply and I still have the conversation window open, the phone doesn't chime or vibrate. I keep missing replies because the phone doesn't notify me of messages. My S4 worked flawlessly until I upgraded to 5.0.1, so I'm guessing this is an OS problem. I'd really like a fix as its incredibly annoying to repeatedly miss texts because of the lack of notification. I'm using the stock messaging app and from what I can find on-line this is now considered normal operation under 5.0.1. I'm not sure who made that determination, but I can tell you that it is not what most of us would consider normal operation. Please file this as a complaint and bring back the notifications.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Text Notification if Conversation Window is Open
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I have an S5 and I don't remember a time when it did notify me of a text message if I've already got the text thread open. I guess their theory is if you've got it open then surely you see the new text come through? I notice though that if I forget to back out of a text thread and allow my phone to go dim that I won't get the alerts and in that case it's annoying, but I just remember to back out of messenger and actually close it down completely so it's not running in the background.

0 Likes