No Sound on DROID Eris
Brad7742

My HTC DROID Eris has been on the fritz since I bought it in November. The phone "loses" sound. It does not ring when receiving calls, it does not indicate when text messages or email are received.

Previously, when this would happen, I would simply remove the battery and that would rectify the situation. Now, that does not work! All of my sound options are turned on. The volume is wide open. I have removed the battery with the phone turned off. I have removed the battery with the phone turned on.

If I set it to vibrate, it will vibrate; otherwise, it is silent.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than getting a working DROID? I really don't want to have to go down that road, but I do need a phone that will ring and make noise. That is kind of important! :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Sound on DROID Eris
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Have you recently dropped your phone? Or Is it water damaged?

0 Likes
Re: No Sound on DROID Eris
lbc123

That same problem occurred with my Eris recently.  I didn't drop it or get water damage.  I attempted to pull my battery out and that didn't do anything for me.  When I plug in headphones to the ear jack, I can still hear sounds.  However, nothing comes out of the speaker on the back of the phone.  I checked all my settings to ensure that sound is turned on.  I tried my music apps and still nothing. 

0 Likes