No Response to a Ticket Opened Last Week with Verizon
jcastleman4

Last week, I believe on Tuesday (9/2/2014), I spoke with multiple parties on the phone with VZ support services.  At this time, ticket number (removed) was created.  I was informed that if I hadn't heard anything by Friday (9/5/2014) to "try and contact us again."

As a customer for somewhere between 12-15 years, don't remember exactly because it HAS been that long, I find it disconcerting that I have to send this message in order to "try and contact you again."  "Customer Support" means supporting your customers, not hoping the issue they have isn't bad enough for them to actually try and pursue a resolution to said issue.  I was informed an "engineer" would assess the area I am in an someone would get back with me.  Hasn't happened.

All I want is for you to admit that you do not have consistent coverage in south Texas and let me out of the Edge plan that I am in with no penalties.  I could understand reluctance on your part if I had a history of switching providers every time there was a new "special offer."  However, I believe the current longevity evinced in 12-15 years of service means that this customer has terrible service and wants to go with another provider that actually has service in the area which I am working.  I am currently paying premium prices for service that is consistent only when I am in San Antonio, Victoria, or Corpus Christi.  If you will look at a map and draw a triangle using these three cities, I can assure you from being here for two years that everything in that triangle is a crap shoot on service.  I have made the calls to support, I have been patient for two years, I have switched to the latest phone with supposedly the best receiver, what I haven't done is seen any improvement in call, data or text service.

I currently have over 50 employees that I am accountable for working in hazardous conditions in the Eagle Ford oil and gas field which covers close to 300 miles.  I need a phone service that WORKS where I am in the case of an emergency with one of my employees.

Two months ago, the service got worse, although I didn't think that was possible.  I went and spoke with the local AT&T Rep and they said that all Verizon service had been blocked from their towers.  True?  Not sure, but the date they gave me coincided with when I noticed more dropped call and having to send texts multiple times due to "failed" messages.

I have been faithful to you for a long time.  All I ask is that I am allowed to part ways with your service as it does not meet the needs or demands of my job.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Response to a Ticket Opened Last Week with Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my goodness jcastleman4. I am really sorry to hear that this has all transpired this way. We absolutely value your loyalty and want to work on this fragile relationship. I will want to look further into this for you. I ask that you please follow and then DM me so that I can look into this for you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Failed Attempts and promises to correct your service for how long? Wow customer retention is who you need to get a hold of. It sounds like they need to look back and refund quite a bit of money to you. They literally just got done upgrading KCMO today. I get full bars of voice and 4GXLTE. I used to only get a few bars and 20/12 internet and get full bars and 70/35 now. But ATT is the company down there right now until verizon gets done with theirs which should be quick. JCASTLEMAN4 do you guys have temp long range extenders you could attach to a local verizon retail store? BTW im Verizon all the way but SHhhhh. I am an AT&T U-Verse Senior Technician

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This really shouldn't surprise ANYONE as this board is filled with the same statement. Talked to Verizon, A supervisor, or someone else was going to call back within 48 hours, and the call never happens. Or in this case A ticket was opened and they would call in a few days when they have something on the ticket, yet the call never takes place and the issue is still going on.

As was stated by tylerw, Customer Retention s who you need to call and I usually get to them by writing or calling the Office of The President

0 Likes
jcastleman4

Erin,

Unfortunately, what you stated is the same song and dance I have gotten repeatedly from Verizon.  Nothing personal, just the facts.  The only thing I am looking to do is get out from under all the empty promises that have been made.  I was asked to wait 6 months because "we're updating in your area."  That was 11 months ago.  I think I have been more than patient and at this point I just want to use someone else with service in my area.

I have been charged well over $100 a month for the past 2 years for a $25 dollar service.  When I upgraded at the time you guys were doing away with unlimited internet I was told "no sir, you have been a long term customer and if you upgrade to this new phone you will keep your unlimited internet."  Lie.  Was cut off instantly upon activating the new phone then was told "oh we're so sorry, you must have been misinformed by an associate that didn't know what they were doing."  As you can see, your company has set themselves up for failure by not being honest with the people that pay them.

At this point, I just want away from your company and don't feel I should have to pay to do so since the stated coverage that I am paying for is not being received.  I don't want to have to wait for any more upgrades and keep my fingers crossed.  I don't want to have to try patches or fixes to get my phone to work.  I want to buy a phone, turn it on and surprise, surprise have service.  If I did all that other crap I would have to start sending you an invoice for working on your system.

Fact:  AT&T does work where I am.

Fact:  Verizon-Not so much

Please kick this to whoever you have to so that we can head this off right now and we can part ways before I become upset.  I am trying to let you guys do what little you can to fix this and let me walk away saying "at least the let me walk away before I got (removed)."  That will go a long way to possibly seeing me as a customer again in the future.  The games that have been played with me to this point are closer to the (removed) me off side of things.

Please do not take any of this as a personal attack.  This is pent up frustration from YEARS of being lied to.  Any help in getting this to the appropriate parties and getting this issue resolved quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
justcode
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same boat, had many conversations with Verizon since I got two upgraded S22  phones in August. Been having issues since day one. Can never get a manger to callback, 3 attempts. I think they don’t exist. Both phones need rebooting 5-10 times a day. Missed tons of important calls and texts. Went through support dance more than 10~15 times. And each and every call ends up starting back to the beginning. Even 6 factory resets did not fix the issue. Even wifi calling is affected so its not service. Took tons of screen scrapes showing good signal and SIM stating connected, but texts and calls end up failing. Also found out those webchat sessions you do don’t get saved to your account as they can not find most of my chats with Verizon. Recently been doing phone calls, hoping those are recorded. Been straight up lied to several times by support too. Assume no one listens to the recordings as no one is reprimanding those liars. Had open tickets keep getting made, then just suddenly closed on me with no contact or resolution. Latest one has been open for weeks. Been constantly posting the issues I am encountering, no one has yet to contact me for any help. They create a ticket, ignore and eventually close it on you. Not sure what they use support tickets for but it is not for helping customers resolve their issues. I just want to receive and sent text and calls, is that asking too much? I was also told by support head that I should have been more aggressive and just return the phones at the beginning, when it was under the 30 days and not listen to all the promises that  support said to me. I was shocked he would even say that. So he meant to be aggressive and send the phones back, leaving me with no phones at all. Extremely disappointed with Verizon, been with then for 20 years, which means nothing to them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty and understand your time is valuable. We'd like to have an opportunity to help! We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you with your ticket status. Thank you!~Christian

0 Likes
PaulWii

Today I received an email stating:
Hello ju****de | You have received a private message in the Verizon Community!
Private messages may be accessed by clicking your username at the upper right-hand side of the community and selecting the envelope icon from the options shown.

Checked my private messages:

No Messages
Direct messages from community members will appear here.

Surprise! Surprise!

0 Likes