No Nexus 5, I'll be transitioning my business lines to another carrier
dmgks

Dear Verizon,

I am a geek. I am also the managing partner of my company. My company has a business account with you. I made that decision.

Different people enjoy different status symbols. For some it's a Tesla, others a Gulfstream, lake house or trophy wife. For me it's a smart phone. My company has been a customer of yours for over 15 years because I've generally been able to use the smart phones I want on your network. In my company I'm the "decider" of which carrier we use.

I just ordered a Nexus 5 from Google. If I'm unable to activate it on Verizon I will activate it with one of your competitors. My promise to you: The carrier I use for my new Nexus 5 will be the carrier I use for my company. It's a big ship to turn, but I will turn it.

Thank you for listening.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Nexus 5, I'll be transitioning my business lines to another carrier
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for posting this - I have little hope, but I'm glad to see business customers feel affected by their decision as well. I read today that when they purchased their LTE bandwidth from the government, they had to adhere to the open access rules. There's currently a lawsuit due to their lack of support for the Nexus 7 but I hear they're going to try to use two loopholes as a get out of jail free card - a) claiming the devices need a hardware number (EIN?) to be activated on their network and the Google devices lack such a designation and b) that the Nexus devices are a security risk as they are not 'approved' or 'certified' Verizon devices.

I'm curious if the customer base most interested in the Google devices will be large enough for them to even bat an eye.

I've been a customer for 13 years - I'm doing research on my other options.

0 Likes
Re: No Nexus 5, I'll be transitioning my business lines to another carrier
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

You won't be able to activate it on Verizon. Just activate it on a compatible network, and bring your entire "ship" with you.