No Cell Service after switching to new SD Card
AVLNiner

I just took my 16GB SD card out of my Incredible 2 and put a 32GB in.  Now my cell service goes from no service to 1 or 2 bars at most periodically.  Does anyone know why this is?  Is there anything I should do after switching these out to ensure better service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Cell Service after switching to new SD Card
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The SD card has nothing to do with your signal. The Incredible however, has contracts for the antennae in the battery cover. If you have put the cover back on and you are still having signal issues, it's possible you might have bent one of the contacts, causing it to not have a good connection.

0 Likes
the_devils_advocate

If I was in your position, I would begin troubleshooting by putting your old SD card back in the phone, and seeing if the problem persists. If it works fine again, you might want to try just exchanging your new SD card at wherever you bought it. If the problem still persisted after that, I would take your phone and the old and new SD cards to a Verizon Wireless store, and attempt to duplicate the issue. Let them recommend next steps from there. Even if they end up just calling in to Customer Care for over-the-phone troubleshooting, or recommend that you call us (and if they do recommend that, do it right there in the store, they won't kick you out, I promise), they will be able to give you some options on what to do next, right there on the spot, if the issue is not corrected for some reason by the end of the troubleshooting process. Many of the store associates are technical troubleshooting whizzes any way. May the odds be ever in your favor! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@AVLNiner - Were you able to find a resolution to this issue? Please let us know so we may assist further, if necessary!

Thank you everyone that contributed suggestions to this thread. May everyone take care and have a great week!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AVLNiner

It never got back to 100% but it did eventually start working again and hasn't given me any problems so far.  Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes