Nexus products and Verizon's unwillingness to acknowledge their unwillingness to support them.
guitarfreak831

It is without any doubt the more tech savvy Verizon customers are well aware of this company's unwillingness to support the most state of the art and user accessible smartphones and tablets on the market.  It is extremely disappointing that, as a customer who has been around since Verizon was just Bell Atlantic, you no longer hold yourself to the same standards you once did even 10 years ago, or to the same standards that your predecessor held.  If it wasn't for Android devices, your company would not have survived against AT&T and Apple.  If it wasn't for your customers, you obviously wouldn't survive.  They want the latest and greatest, but because of the qualms among upper management regarding "the integrity of the network" (which would not actually be jeopardized by an unlocked phone), you alienate a large amount of your customers - all by your choice. 

I will be surprised if a single representative responds to this, because the customer service I once knew died a long time ago.  On that note, anybody on the same page in terms of dropping Verizon for another provider so you can use Google/LG's new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus products and Verizon's unwillingness to acknowledge their unwillingness to support them.
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

No, because my world doesnt come to a crashing end when I cant have a phone.

0 Likes
Re: Nexus products and Verizon's unwillingness to acknowledge their unwillingness to support them.
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

This is such a pathetic and lame excuse.

The world wouldn't come to a crashing end even if google hadn't released 4.4 - or even android OS. The world wouldn't come to a crashing end even if Microsoft didn't ever release Windows, or Apple was never founded. The world wouldn't come to a crashing end even if we couldn't measure in "nano" metrics or didn't know how to read or write - humanity survived without anything that we know today.

Just know that "would the world come to a crashing end" is not the determining question for some people to make a decision about doing something unconventional.

shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

No its not, but cell phones are also not SO important to me that I would make threats, complain on a community board and for some people threaten to sue or actually sue a company. For the love of god dont we have better things to do than this? Thats my point and opinion.

androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

My opinion is that the people that are interested in nexus devices are a VERY small percentage of customers and most people make calls and text on these super phones and maybe use navigation or yelp to find the hippest restaurant near them. Very few customers are gonna leave over a nexus not being available on big red....Remember the iphone only being on AT&T? The nexus is not ever going to in demand as that phone.

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I've been reading the polls, comments and forums at android sites like Droid-Life, androidcentral, and all the others, and poeple are leaving in droves to att and t-mo and some to aio. I've seen over a hundred post about people leaving for another network over this.

It's sad that people are voting with their wallets and Verizon isn't even tallying the votes. Verizon with a customer base of 100 million probably wouldn't even notice a few hundred, thousands, hundreds of thousands, or a few million leaving for that matter, with 1/3 of the US on their network. Best coverage with no real choices in phones, att and t-mo have less coverage has a tone of choices in phones. Also att, t-mo and sprint's network aren't completely congested as Verizon's lte network, I get speeds of 8 down and 2 up now slower than my wifi, in jan 2012 I had speeds of 15/10 when no one was using it.

I think as soon as my contract is up I may be leaving too, probably sprint, because their coverage is better than att and t-mo in my areas of MO and IL. Unless I hear about these "Plans" of what Google and Verizon are supposed to have for 2014.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zombielove69, hold up! Wait a minute! We don't want to lose your business. We have the best network and we've implemented better plans to fit your wireless needs http://bit.ly/xdDajD We hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes