Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I thinkin of upgrading.. Either Nexus or Razor? Any input guys...Jesse

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus or ?
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my nexus for over 2 months and love everything about it. I highly recommend this phone to anyone who is considering getting a very nice 4g smart phone. From what I've heard the razr maxx is a very nice phone as well. I'd recommend going to a store and playing around with both phones to see which set up you like best, but more than likely you'll be happy with either phone

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I'm due for a phone upgrade in April and will be getting my first smartphone.  I have done a lot of research about smartphones and I am seriously considering the Galaxy Nexus, but I still have some doubts in my mind regarding battery life.  I have read that the Galaxy Nexus does not have great battery life, but really none of the smartphones are going to have tremendous battery life so I might be able to live with that.  Are there any similar phones to the Galaxy Nexus that have better battery life?

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

All 4G smart phones have pretty poor battery life, My nexus is pretty good, I can make it through my day and if I know I'm gonna use more battery I can just bring an extra batter along. The only smartphone out there that has good battery life is the droid razr maxx. All the other 4G smartphones don't have great battery life. I'd research the specs between the Nexus and Maxx and see which one you think will fit your needs best

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Really battery life is not my biggest concern as during the day i very seldom use my phone. I do love the screen of the nexus but the razr is nice as well. I use the hotspot feature on my fascinate and its suprisingly fast but i would love to have the speed of the 4g connection . Ive been to several verizon stores but never could get a working version of both phones in the same store to compare but as been said iu would probably bde happy with either. Im not familiar with the  ice cream sandwich on the nexus but  i am with the gingerbread on the razr. I also cannot geta definitive answer  on being able to get the unlimited hotspot on the 4g phones  does anyone know if thats available? 2 stores said yes and two said no. Truthfully that is the major reason for the upgrade because ive really been pleased with my fascinate but 4g is calling  me plus a bigger screen is also appealing.   Jesse

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Only if you have the unlimited data plan you can have the unlimited hotspot.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I'm looking for something to sway me to the Razr Maxx over the Galaxy Nexus, because right now I really like the facial recognition and large screen of the Galaxy Nexus.  Is the better battery life the biggest difference between the Razr Maxx and the Galaxy Nexus?

0 Likes
RichyR116

I just upgraded.  I was considering the Nexus, the Razr Maxx and the iPhone 4s.  I decided on the Nexus because It was the only phone Verizon had which had Android 4.  Also, they were offering 4GB data at 2GB price, and a Leap Day sale knocked $100 off the price of the phone.  I'm very satisfied with the Nexus.  This is my first smartphone, so I'm still figuring it out, but I like what I see so far.

One point.  I live on the fringe of Verizon's coverage.  The Nexus does not show as strong a signal as my old LG Versa showed in my house, but it is still working.  I can make calls and access the Internet.  Also, there is no 4G LTE coverage in my area, but 3G seems fast enough until 4G gets here.  Someone at a Verizon store told me it's due here later this year. 

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Jim how did netflix work did it stream without bufferin every so often? Thats one of the feaures that has me wanting to upgrade. I use my hotspot for my laptop and ps3 and itworks pretty well from my 3g connection .i could only guess that it would work even better at 4g . I think im leaning towards the nexus right now . The only thing about the razor that i dont care for is the built in battery. I think the 2 phones are very closely matched really.  Jesse

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

That sounds good jim im going back by the verizon store tommorrow . I found one that has working mdels of both phones so we shall see

0 Likes