Re: Nexus Accessories available at Verizon even if the Nexus isn't
Tidbits
Legend
TIt's already been happening since the first one. As people have mentioned bloat is bloat no matter where it is from. If you want it download it. If not it shouldn't be on there is the general stance when it comes to it. Currently Verizon has 2 apps which most people do use. Myverizon as well as backup assistant. Myverizon will be more accurate than the built in app when it comes to user data due to have data is handled beyond the device. I would have to write an essay to explain it and it has nothing to do with carriers just the Internet in general. The backup assistant is great for people jumping on board to a new device who hasn't used Google services(yes they are out there).
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Sorry hit post on accident.
Now since we are talking the Nexus.
If you don't like something you can remove it without an exploit or hack to do so. You have full access to it. If you want wallet you can put it on. Don't like Myverizon you can take it off.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Tidbits wrote:
Sorry hit post on accident.
Now since we are talking the Nexus.
If you don't like something you can remove it without an exploit or hack to do so. You have full access to it. If you want wallet you can put it on. Don't like Myverizon you can take it off.

i guess i'm a bit confused then??? so you CAN simply "remove" apps (i thought you could only disable them)? and you CAN simply download Wallet from the market (not install some tweaked version from XDA or something)?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Just like ANY nexus device you can get root access without an exploit or hack.
The Nexus S for example doesn't have wallet. The Nexus S 4G does. They both have the same hardware other than the radio. As long as the device has an NFC and the secure element it'll work with no modifications.
0 Likes
cstephens

I just spoke to a VZW retailer, today, and he has the Nexus phones in his store, but he can't sell them until tomorrow. He's been telling me to wait for this phone. But I'm a bit nervous because the last two VZW phones I jumped on when they first came out were headaches. The two models: BB Storm and Samsung Fascinate. In both case, I had to have at least four "certified replacements". In the Storm's case, I just settled and used it until I was able to get out of the phone with my new every 2 promotion; which got me in the Fascinate. The Fascinate was deemed garbage by VZW and they had started swapping them out for the Charge. I ended up with a Droid 3 until my contract is up--- which is now. So, it's time for a new phone again... I really want something reliable and I'm afraid that VZW has gotten so big they could care less about quality anymore. It's volume they're concerned with... as evidenced by the growing complaints posted in these many forums.

It used to be a time when their cellular service surpassed all others, now even their service has been to suck (like their customer service has for a long time). I don't know if I should stay or go. I feel like I may jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, but then is it right to "settle" for poort customer service and be viewed as a number? Hence the dilemma. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

cstephens wrote:

I just spoke to a VZW retailer, today, and he has the Nexus phones in his store, but he can't sell them until tomorrow.

Curious, Is that VZW retailer still saying he has the Nexus phones in his store? I know it is only 11AM EST, maybe he will start selling them this afternoon?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

as of today, Canada's got it....lol.....beat by Canada ey!?!?

0 Likes
cstephens

Verizon has pulled the launch. So, no one (even the Canadians.. ey!) can sell the Nexus at the moment. There is a story on cnet that states Verizon's postponed the Friday release of the phone. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Rumors picked the days and play the guessing game. Until Verizon verbally picks a day it can't be delayed...
Honestly it's the manufacturer that is really in charge of the quality control. Verizon doesn't make them. People always blame the carriers and the manufacturers know this so the just may cut corners here and there.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

cstephens wrote:

Verizon has pulled the launch. So, no one (even the Canadians.. ey!) can sell the Nexus at the moment. There is a story on cnet that states Verizon's postponed the Friday release of the phone. :smileysad:

2 carriers in Canada are selling it as of this morning (the HSPA+ version). So Canada has it now, just not Verizon (LTE version) in Canada. 

0 Likes