Nexus 6 won't answer calls
markperloe

It's been about a week since my Nexus 6 would answer a call. I can see who is calling, and click answer. I hear a beep and the line goes dead. The person calling hears nothing. It is almost every call from a cell phone, but also most calls on a line phone as well. Doesn't seem to matter if the phone is asleep or awake.

I've been dealing with Verizon Wireless Customer No-Service and their response is dial #832 when you have one of these calls. I've spoken to many tech level 2 reps, who offer no help but always promise to look into it and call back. THEY HAVE NOT. They have promised to escalate. Whenever you call they will escalate, but I'm told I would not be able to receive a call for at least 5-7 days. A particularly clueless level 2 rep, Sharon in South Carolina was not able to provide any guidance. Totally clueless and indifferent when I asked for suggestions on how I might be able to receive calls [I'm a physician on call this week].

After 20 years, this sort of indifference to my problems suggests looking for a vendor who might buy out my contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nexus 6 won't answer calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markperloe It is very improtant you be able to answer calls. Our apologies for all of the issues you've been experiencing. You mentioned above that a ticket has been opened. At this time, we recommend allowing our network team to investigate the problem. This will keep you from having to try steps that do not work. We sincerely hope to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does it happen everywhere you travel?  Have you done a factory reset?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you try powering down, removing your sim card for a minute and then reinstalling?

Did you try to reset your network settings?

Are other Verizon customers having trouble with calls?

Does your phone work better when you travel outside the area where it's not working?

Can you send/receive text messages?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would avoid a factory reset until you try other options; unless your phone is already brand new and you won't need to do any sort of backing up, or download apps all over again.

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, and please tell our friend how to 'reset his network setting'. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't have that phone, so it may not have the option. It's just the list of things to try for any device experiencing the issues.

If you can't do that then removing the sim card will at least freshly acquire the network.

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

what android phone has it?  And going into and out air plane mode freshly acquires the network. 

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

more benefit in turning device off then pulling sim is all im getting at.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's actually no benefit if you get the same results. However, yes, it is less work to restart and turn airplane mode off and on.

0 Likes
markperloe

Yes to factory reset and app data cache erase. Yes it happens with land lines and cell phones

On LTE 3G or network extender.

0 Likes