Nexus 6 - shuts down without notice
greytgang

I have a nexus 6, purchased in august and have had no problems. This weekend the phone started shutting down without notice. No specific action and the phone just shuts down. I have to power it back up in order to login. Sometimes I am simply typing my password to login, sometimes I am accessing verizon mobile. There is no notice just a shutdown, not even a reboot. Anyone has experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 6 - shuts down without notice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@greytgang

I would imagine that this has become frustrating for you.  I want to ensure your device is functioning normally.

When this is happening, how much battery power does your device have?  Have you recently installed any new applications or recently performed a device software update?  What is your device's current software version number (Build number) http://vz.to/1HeYuNL?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
greytgang

Hello Anthony,

Battery power is always above 70% when this happens. No recent apps had been installed when the problem started. build # LMY48T. Software update was done weeks prior to shutdowns. After my first few shutdowns I had apps updated hoping the shutdowns would stop. Not that lucky.

I had a chat with customer support yesterday and I had my phone in safe mode for almost 24 hrs.I had no shutdowns but I also did not use the phone often enough to experience any issues. Uninstalled a booster application that I have had since I bought the phone. No issues with shutdowns until I tried to install an app this afternoon and the phone shuts down in the middle of the install. new problems I have seen are: I am not receiving any apps notifications and phone is not charging while on. I have to shutdown the phone plug it in wait until it starts charging then turn it on to continue charging. The phone has not been dropped nor has had any liquids spilled on it. It is also protected with an I-blason case.

Thanks in advance

AM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail greytgang. That helps a lot. Having a properly working device is key to enjoying your services with us. I want to ensure yours gets back to normal function. Since that shutdown is still occurring, please perform the following steps:

Power the phone off and back on to the home/lock screen, put it into Airplane Mode. Removing the SIM and switching Wi-Fi off may also help to keep it stable. Then, remove all Google accounts from your device as follows.

1. Select Settings > Account > Google
2.Select all Google accounts on the list and remove them

Next, wipe Google Services Framework data via these steps.

1. Select Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework
2. Select Clear Data

Upon completion of the above steps, you'll want to “Uninstall Google Play services updates."

1. Go into Settings>Security>Device Administrators to deactivate the Android Device Manager.

2. In the Device administrators screen, you may see an entry for Android Device Manager, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, click on the checkbox. If not, skip to step #4 and disregard step #5.
3. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Device Manager. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.
4. In the Device administrators screen, you may also see an entry for Android Pay, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, uncheck it.
5. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Pay. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

After completing the above steps, return to the Settings screen by hitting the back button twice and then Select Apps or Applications>All>Google Play Services>Uninstall Updates.

Lastly, Enable Android Device Manager by returning to the Device administrators screen. If the checkbox next to Android Device Manager is not enabled, enable it. You will be taken to the screen with details for Android Device Manager. Click the Activate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

Once all above steps are complete, you can remove the device from Airplane mode and all Google accounts/apps can be added back and updated as desired. Keep us posted with the results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes