Re: Nexus 6 bought through Motorola?
kiveysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Should really have to go through customer service hell to get the phone to work like the phone Verizon is selling in their stores?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It's a small price to pay for a phone that is unpolluted with Bloatware and can be used on any network.

0 Likes
hodgewdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

So my original question has not been answered.  YES I realize a Moto bought NX6 will work on VZW.  I have that!  What I want is for Verizon to recognize my phone as a registered device so I can get my out of contract discount! 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

hodgewdm wrote:

So my original question has not been answered.  YES I realize a Moto bought NX6 will work on VZW.  I have that!  What I want is for Verizon to recognize my phone as a registered device so I can get my out of contract discount!

Your statement doesn't really make any sense. You say you realize your device will work on Verizon. Why don't you activate it then? Others on this forum have pointed out methods to do so. The only thing you need to get the out of contract discount is to be out of contract. Whether or not the device you have activated is officially recognized by Verizon is irrelevant.

0 Likes
hodgewdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have my phone activated, have had for a couple weeks.  I've been told no discount because I have a non VZW device.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well you gotta pay to play I guess then, huh?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I wasn't aware of that stipulation to receive the discount. I suppose that is one of the downsides to purchasing a non-VZW device. I guess it is a question of how much having a specific device is worth to you.

russelldd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting your Nexus 6 to work is not the same as being recognized by VZW as a Nexus 6.  Which is really the point here.  Any knucklehead with a SIM from their old smartphone can pop it into their nexus 6 and it'll work.  Sure, they may have to buy a SIM cutter, but they've made that idiot proof also.  I am proof of that.

The problem is that the phone's show as "Non VZW Device" on our account's.  The phone ID's are not in the database the sales people use to activate the phone's, regardless what TidBits keeps saying.  There is no reason that phones bought from Google Play or from Motorola shouldn't be in the database, other than VZW doesn't want them in there.

2015-03-31.jpg

I have a friend that works in a verizon store and he try's my phone ID from time to time. So far, it is a no go on the database inclusion so far.  But I'll certainly post as soon as it does.

R

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

already been explained more than once on that and you don't need a sim cutting tool...

0 Likes
russelldd
Enthusiast - Level 2

In this case, TidBits is absolutely correct.

0 Likes