Nexus 6 bought through Motorola?
hodgewdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

When are the phone that were purchased thru Motorola going to be "white-listed" to show up as a Nexus 6.  Right now it's listed as a NON VZW device.  When are we going to be able to be official??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nexus 6 bought through Motorola?
RCBAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disregard all the comments in this section do yourself a favor like I did please call Verizon at 1-866-221-4096 and explain what this topic is about they can activate your Motorola purchased Nexus 6's at least they did for me finally I can move off the GNex I am ecstatic right now. The person I talked to just now said it may be a bit goofy on your devices until they get them in the system but as long as you are not changing your plan you should be fine. I got to share this with the interwebz now please tell everyone you can find in this situation!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

This is not likely to ever happen.

russelldd
Enthusiast - Level 2

rcschnoor wrote:

This is not likely to ever happen.

That's a silly thing to say.  Or it's just troll bait.

Google or Motorola bought phones have been activated before, why the hold up now?

RCBAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same question why sell the exact same phone but black list it because you bought it somewhere else. I purchased mine through Motorola and attempted to activate this morning now that Verizon sells the device and was told its still a no go. I at least need to know the reason why and hope its a very good reason!

0 Likes
kiveysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless needs to update the non Verizon purchased phones asap, because we are STILL paying customers.

RCBAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 100%!

aggienitewing
Enthusiast - Level 2

wait until the full launch on the 19th

RCBAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that it all works out on the 19th but no fingers crossed on this one. The best we could hope for is Verizon at least activating or sim ID's on one of there Nexus 6's. But that's being hopeful and not realistic.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If it is listed as non vzw device it is not going to be switched to be used on the verizon network. Only phones purchased that say verizon wireless can be activated.

0 Likes
kiveysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

You my friend are completely wrong. My last 3 phones weren't purchased from Verizon and they were all listed correctly. It will be corrected in time.