Re: Nexus 6 - VZW Failed Us
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

yes, but the companies must back haul their networks and move to a VoIP standard like verizon is doing.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah I know I'm talking about something like 5 or 6 years from now. The new phones in 2020 will be all LTE no CMDA or old GSM and every band will be covered. Of course I could be wrong. hope not.

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

True. Though at that point there will be something like LTE Advanced or whatever 5th Gen internet is to deal with...lol

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon is already rolling out LTE-A next year. That will allow for carrier aggregation. By 2020 it will be Super-LTE.

0 Likes
joejarvis

mrhelper:

It's coming. Be patient.

I have been patient. I didn't contact VZW the day it was announced by Google. I haven't contacted and bothered phone and store reps on the release date. I didn't freak out as every other carrier got it first. I didn't freak out when the Dec. 13 VZW release date rumor was false. I've just been patiently hanging out. But at some point, the patience is going to run out...

The world is not going to end if you don't have it now. If you need it that badly buy it from Motorola directly.

You have to acknowledge that VZW has failed its customers compared to its competition. This isn't about me having to have this phone to survive. Nice strawman there. This is about recognizing that a carrier who brags about being best of class and whose leaders are paid six-, seven-, and eight-figure salaries to not screw up have in fact screwed up.

As an aside, I'm near the end of a contract and eligible for early transition to Edge. Buying direct from Motorola will not allow me to get the Edge discount on my VZW service, as I understand it.

It's common knowledge when it comes to new phones Verizon is typically last when it comes to updates Verizon is typically last. If getting new phones and updates first is a priority then Verizon should not be your carrier of choice.

Where I live (Kansas), there are only two providers with decent networks: VZW and AT&T. Your suggestion that device release should somehow trump the underlying network doesn't make any sense. I would jump to T-Mobile in a heartbeat for their customer-friendly policies if the network were there. In the meanwhile, I'm at the mercy of the those two providers.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can buy it from Motorola no still get the discount. You can even use Motorola Credit if you need to as well. In one of these other similar threads about the N6 it has been explained more than a handful of times.

0 Likes
joejarvis

Tidbits:

Tidbits wrote: You can buy it from Motorola no still get the discount.

Thanks for the reply. If I'm still under contract and buy a device outside Edge, how would I get the VZW service discount? Do you have a link to the threads you mentioned where I could read up on that? Appreciate the help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's either edge or month to month. You can get the same discount. So once that edge contract expires you can move to the month to month discount.

I don't have the links offhand but someone may chime in and link the FAQ explaining it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe this will help. MORE Everything - MORE Everything Plan

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

milidad
Contributor - Level 1

On the contrary, all of the other carriers made announcements as to when they would be carrying the phone, and have done a good job of hitting those targets.

0 Likes