Nexus 6 - VZW Failed Us
joejarvis

Every major carrier except Verizon has been selling the Nexus 6 for weeks. The forum has tens of threads asking for information about VZW's release of the Nexus 6. VZW staff uniformly reply that they have no information at this time and link to VZW's press releases page. That's absolutely pathetic--corporate talking points that mask a clear decision by VZW leadership not to prioritize this phone. Verizon has totally failed its subscribers on this phone. As a customer who pays a premium for the top ranked wireless carrier, this is the kind of behavior I would expect from a bottom-ranked provider.

What do you have to say about this VZW staff? No information at this time? Check the VZW press page for information?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 6 - VZW Failed Us
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you also notice that Google and Motorola are also silent on the matter?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It is well known that, ever since the GNex debacle, Verizon and the Nexus program have not worked together.  The fact that Verizon is getting the 6 at all is a miracle.  I'd be willing to bet that, even if the CS reps on this site have any information, they are not allowed to give it out, that's just the way the business works.  If any other carrier was in the same situation, you can bet they wouldn't be any more free with the information they have.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's coming . Be patient. The world is not going to end if you don't have it now. If you need it that badly buy it from Motorola directly. It's common knowledge when it comes to new phones Verizon is typically last when it comes to updates Verizon is typically last. If getting new phones and updates first is a priority then Verizon should not be your carrier of choice.

heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

As of recent Verizon is the fastest with Motorola for updates see Moto X 2014 and 2013

0 Likes
Not applicable

My point is in general Verizon is not usually the fastest. I'm not knocking Verizon. I merely telling the OP is faster roll-outs of updates and new phones is of utmost importance then he needs to go elsewhere.

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed. If only we could use Unlocked Phones on Verizons network, alas GSM rules the rest of the world

0 Likes
Not applicable

Droid Life already tested the Nexus 6 with a Verizon SIM and it works. Also everyone is move to LTE. GSM and CDMA days are both numbered.

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

Technically LTE is the next generation GSM technology

0 Likes
Not applicable

But companies are not going to keep both "old" GSM and LTE going for very much longer. Everyone will be on LTE. When that happens taking phones to different carriers will be easier.

0 Likes