Re: Nexus 6 Pre-Orders
tolucafreak

Yeah it is. This is showing Verizon's incompetence on getting what the people want. Yes I understand that the Turbo is a great device, however forcing one to only have that option is just pathetic. I only switched to Verizon in the first place because the Galaxy Nexus was only on Verizon. I am now off contract and if I don't hear any type of announcement or statement about when the device will be available, I will have this account terminated at months end.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It could work...

HOWEVER the CDMA portion may not because of how CDMA works.  You need to import the IMEI into the database to connect.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tidbits wrote:

It could work...

HOWEVER the CDMA portion may not because of how CDMA works.  You need to import the IMEI into the database to connect.

It might already work if this report is any indication. A review unit was used for the test. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/31/nexus-6-working-on-verizon-out-of-the-box/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

@Ann154

Was just pointing out that's the only way Verizon could do anything he thinks.  Verizon can't lock out the device since there is only one Model.  Doing anything would affect all other Nexus devices as they are all the same model.

@Everyone in general If Verizon wanted the bootloader encrypted(ALL Nexus devices have locked bootloaders... If they were unlocked you wouldn't need to type fastboot oem UNLOCK).  Then all including the PlayStore version would have the same bootloader.  They are not going to use the same model number and sending random units out without confusing which ones are locked and which ones are unlocked.

@tolucafreak I think you should move on, or get the Play version.  Verizon doesn't indulge very much information on anything.  Also Google is TERRIBLE at product launches. 

B33
Legend

Good Points Mr. Tidbits I'm ready for the phone to be at the stores.. wanna see it..

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

I would be shocked (Shocked!) if there's a Verizon version of another Nexus phone.  They had their chance with the Galaxy Nexus and blew it in pretty much every way possible.  Every update was delayed by weeks or months and we never got the last update for that phone.  It was abandoned when the earliest buyers still had a year left on their contracts even tho Google released another major update.  The Nexus line is supposed to be on the bleeding edge of Android with no crapware.  That's the opposite of everything Verizon stands for.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google dropped support for it on their own there was a Google groups thread about it but no one bothered to read it. I used to have it bookmarked but it was taken down.

Google devs gave up going through the process. When they did the AOSP project with Sony they found found out carriers was the least of the problem.

CDMA was the biggest problem and the reason why Google released the PDK to quicken the process. Without the PDK they found the process for just that part alone averaged 6 to 8 months on it's own. Carrier testing took no longer than a month.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually

Nexus devices were NEVER supposed to be the bleeding edge. It was to move technology farther. It is made to force manufacturers to make a better product. It's the bar that forces manufacturers to shoot over. It's also a marker for developers to code on. Code for the lowest Nexus and the highest Nexus and it "should" work on all android devices provided manufacturers(Samsung is NOTORIOUS for) modify libraries awkwardly.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

So you'd be shocked if Verizon would try to make more money huh on a nexus . Yeah the first one kinda sucked  via Samsung. Never underestimate what what big black will do to fill a bottomless pit. Fool you once..

droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Went to the source and called Google.  Google is stating currently that Verizon is not supported but is coming soon.  Contacted Verizon and of course mums the word there surprise surprise.  But Google is stating towards December for a launch.  Starting to wonder if they are drinking the one plus one juice.

0 Likes