Re: Nexus 6 Availability
Cuddles779
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

I begged for Verizon to release or give information; got nothing.  Tried to buy a 64gb version direct from Motorola, but they never seem to be selling it.  Just got back from a long trip, so I downloaded an app (Devices stock checker), and spent my Wednesday stalking a 64gb version on Google Play (they release inventory on Wednesday).  I set the app to check every minute.

The app worked super well, notifying immediately.  Google dripped inventory all day, at weird times (started at 10:19am PST).  I finally got a Blue 64gb, was unable to get a White one due to not being fast enough (it took between 5 seconds and maybe two minutes to sell out).  I had a few chances, but blew them through poor execution.  Phone isn't fast enough; order on a PC.  I wasn't able to use the financing options of Motorola or Verizon Edge, but I saved up on my trip.  Went down to Verizon today and told them I was off contract and needed a Nano sim card to try out my friends phone.  Got a card without trouble.  No more bloatware, no more waiting on Verizon's updates, I'm finally going to have a clean phone!

I'll update if anyone cares.  Phone arrives tomorrow or Friday Smiley Happy

Snn5
Legend
gmcp69

If you buy a ATT or TMobile Nexus 6 directly from Google Store theirs  have BOTH radios in them and will support CDMA and GSM. You can verify the radios with the specs. This is also verified by the big Android bloggers. Just insert the SIM card and the LTE will power up.

Anyway , I wished Verizon would quit dragging it's feet. Plus by buying from Google directly, you don't get the Verizon bloatware.

0 Likes
aggienitewing
Enthusiast - Level 2

As long as the line is out of contract,and your on the more everything plan you may be able to receive the Out of Contract credit

0 Likes