Re: Nexus 5
wrangler3383
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm right there with you.  Verizon's inability to embrace the Nexus mentality has ticked me off for the last time.  I dealt with the lack of a Nexus 4, but this is just the end of the road for me.  AT&T and Nexus 5 here I come.

0 Likes
Beabout

Verizon consistently has been disappointing me.  It started when I purchased my Droid RAZR MAXX, they had advertisements listing a cheaper price and failed to honor them, and by advertisements I mean over 75 little cards scattered around the store.  Then their sales rep brought over their manager and she told me it wasn't good which was followed up by them picking them all up.  Good customer service there at the New Philadelphia, Ohio store on East High.  Not only to have my phone freak out later and tell me and update is coming. Its been at least 6 months and no update since that call and I have seen no update.  A day late and a dollar short seems like verizon will be losing more than a few dollars.

P.s. They have also disconnected a friend of mines phone twice within the last few months "accidentally".  Their numbers randomly got on a list. Sometimes paying the bill isn't enough!

0 Likes
Triynko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Time to switch carriers.  I've been eyeballing the HTC One... oh, since it first came out.  Verizon didn't get it until 4 months after every other carrier did with no clear release date, leaving me with a broken Droid X that couldn't maintain a wireless connection, crashed constantly, and couldn't pick up a GPS signal; and I was lucky a friend was able to give me a mint condition Droid X he had laying around.  As I got tired of waiting through August, I actually went to T-Mobile, bought the HTC One and carried it with me for a month before returning it.  The only reason I didn't keep it, was because the network coverage wasn't quite as good as Verizon.  Well, I don't care anymore.  It'll have to be good enough for me.  I'll sell my unlimited line to someone else (appears to take about 5 minutes to perform the transfer ownership of a line according to a Verizon rep), and get that $30 unlimited data plan through t-mobile and use skype for calls; already bought a year subscription and a number.  My total bill will be under $60/month for unlimited (4G LTE speed up to 5gigs) data/text/and calls.

I'm tired of Verizon.  Tired of their locked down phones full of bloatware.  Tired of their network that doesn't allow data and talk at the same time.  Tired of the fact that phones from all other carriers don't work on their network.  Tired of their upgrade fees, contracts, lack of an unlimited data plan, and their new Edge pyramid scam.  Tired of waiting for phones that every other carrier gets 4 months earlier or years earlier, whether it's the iPhone or the HTC One, tired of their high plan and phone prices, tired of their stringing people along, and now failing to carry the Nexus 5.

It's only a matter of time before someone builds a new internet backbone wipes their company off the map.  This company is getting to big and arrogant, and it will fall.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cinco312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry, but I'm not signing that. It's very unprofessional. Clean it up and I'm sure many will be happy to sign it, myself included.

0 Likes
cinco312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I said a few weeks ago I was going to leave VZW if they didn't carry the N5, and well, I just did. I HAPPILY paid a $560 ETF for all my lines and ordered my N5, which I will be getting on Monday. I'm going to go with T-Mobile. Hopefully more people leave and VZW will start to feel the heat.

0 Likes
sykobt

Completely agree.  Verizon will let Apple do what ever they want with their phone, but this one Nexus model that Google keeps pushing out, they give Google and more importantly their customers the finger!!  I will gladly add my name to the list of people that won't be a verizon wireless customer come December ETF fees be damned.  Act llike you care Big RED, WE ARE YOUR REVENUE STREAM, YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT NOT TREATING US LIKE TRASH IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO STAY AND HAVE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE TO SHARE.

0 Likes
Obsidian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have ordered my Nexus 5.  I see rumors Verizon will not be carrying it.  If that is the case then I will be leaving Verizon after about 10 years of use.  I don't care what excuse Verizon uses to say why they won't carry the phone.  If they aren't carrying the phones I want to use, I won't be using them.  I will also be dumping my Verizon stock.  I don't carry stock of a company I won't use.  I hate to say goodbye but I like Google better and if Verizon isn't going to play ball, then I won't give them my money anymore.

neutralJudge

It's a shame that Verizon Wireless has yet to figure out how to get out of the way when it comes to Android.  My patience has expired.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Such anger.  It's just a phone, people.

If the carrier you are currently on does have it and you want to get it, move on.

No big deal.  Stop making it one.

Sheesh.

wrangler3383
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not just about the phone.  It is about Verizon's inability listen to their customers.  I understand that anger.  People pay a lot of money for their service, and this thread is about customers voicing their concerns on yet another example of the company turning a blind eye.

Many of us ARE moving on.  We simply want to let Verizon know WHY we are moving on before we do so.  I see no harm in that.