Re: Nexus 5
designerfx
Enthusiast - Level 2

What? no. Nobody should ever go to AT&T, ever. They are even worse than verizon in their quest for anti-customer behavior. Verizon may be bad and only "Vaguely good" because of what they agreed to with the FCC, but AT&T was the original monopolist (convicted and split for it). Do not support them.

0 Likes
Sternfels

I'm also dissatisfied with Big Red not allowing the Nexus 5... Will be looking else where. Loyal customer for 10+ years. No loyalty anymore. Will be taking my large business account with me.

0 Likes
DadMan1

Several of you have the tail wagging the dog here.  If I'm a cell phone manufacturer, I want in to the massive Verizon and other CMDA carriers market.  Period.  If the phone isn't available within the Verizon network, it's because Verizon did something to make it not cost-effective in some way.  I can't see how Verizon isn't culpable. 

0 Likes
fischerms80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the Verizon customer chat site, Verizon offers the LG G2 which the Nexus 5 is based off of for 549.99 (off contract price) for the 16gb model which most likely includes Verizon bloatware and no hope of any update to 4.4 (LG G2 is on 4.2.2).

I want to keep my unlimited plan so I said no thanks. I will have to keep on the Droid 3 till it drops dead.

0 Likes
pattuspl
Enthusiast - Level 2

We will miss you. I am pretty sure Verizon will as well.

0 Likes
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even then, the LG2 has been called a "brain dead hercules" -- the software on it is apparently crippling. And that's one of the reasons I'd prefer a nexus device, these companies are not software manufacturers and don't do a good job of it. This includes pretty much everyone (Apple has come a very very long way since the 90's). But even Samsung's interface/code changes aren't very well made, nor the ones that HTC added.

Also, realize that if you are not taking advantage of the subsidization you are paying Verizon way more than you need to, since they make up for the subsidization with higher costs ...

0 Likes
mgerbasio1

A petition is meaningless when dealing with a company like Verizon, they're too large and know that of the small percentage of users that will even sign the petition, there is an even smaller percentage that will leave. Isn't half of the smart phone business iphones and for the 40-45% that are Android phones, the bulk of that is probably Samsung. How much of this is on contract and this initial disappointment will blow over the user by then? Most family plans have different expiration dates making moving to another carrier even more expensive.

They don't need to listen to a petition as they have the market share, profit margin, highest rated network and a contract moving a family expensive. What gets their attention is competition. If you want to make a difference, vote with your wallet. This makes them worry, not petitions:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/verizons-net-adds-below-expectations-t-mobile-could-be-blame/201...

I ordered a Nexus 5, and a T-Mobile prepaid SIM. If the phone and service work for me, I'll cancel Verizon, if not, I'll stay. Having a service that is reliable is more important to me than making a point, after all it is just a phone. May even try Sprints new service Spark or AT&T goPhone.

If you're expecting the FCC or any other government agency to do something to help, forget it. Verizon permits illegal NSA access to its network and gets the other agencies to turn a blind eye to pesky FCC rules.

0 Likes
safetyguy14

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Going to seek out greener pastures due to the lack of Nexus support from VZW.

0 Likes
NexusLover2

I've been loyal verizon customer for long time.  However I've been waiting like the rest of the folks in these forum for the nexus 5 to come to verizon.  However with these unfortunate "no news" from verizon, I plan to cancel and go to Tmobile.  I've had freezing problem with my Moto Razr with all the bloatware and the phone has been getting slow.  I purchase the Nexus 7 and love the pure android experience.  very quick and responsive.  Sorry verizon wish you luck in the next quarter profits.  I for one plan to not give any more money to company that does not listen to their customers. 

0 Likes
bpatterson007

Like a fat kid in dodge ball, I'm out. You have the best service in my area, but the price of your plans is absurd and meeting customer demands is zero. The ONLY reason you keep customers locked in a vice is due to coverage, that is it, plain and simple. I'll give up my account by selling my unlimited data plan on ebay for $300-$400. Then I will use that money to buy this phone and switch to a different provider. This provider will have somewhat inferior service in my area, but I won't care when I'm holding the device I choose and see the much lower monthly bill. You guys are screwing up, I hope you have plans to compete with Sprint spark in the next few years, they might eat your lunch.

0 Likes